• The KillerFrogs

Happy Birthday Wes! 12-3-1950

steelfrog

Tier 1
Our friend Wes was born 69 years ago tomorrow. He will be joined on his special day by his daughter Julia and his brother Robert, in addition to his awesome wife Claire. Fortunately he will celebrate at his home in Georgetown, Tx.

I don't mean to alarm anyone but as you know the arc of his disease is not good and while Wes's strength has allowed him to defy the odds in terms of the number of months he has survived, the situation is becoming grim. The saving grace is that now Wes sleeps most all of the time, and is not in a hospital but is at his home, which, thanks to Claire's hard work, has been a rare blessing in this terrible situation. His ability to communicate is mostly gone. He stopped eating a couple of weeks ago.

I've had a couple of PMs asking about Wes and am not asking for anything in particular in this thread, just thought I would update you all as many of you count him among your friends. And publicly wish our friend a happy birthday.

EDIT: Update from Claire

Last edited by a moderator:

Brog

Our friend Wes was born 69 years ago tomorrow. He will be joined on his special day by his daughter Julia and his brother Robert, in addition to his awesome wife Claire. Fortunately he will celebrate at his home in Georgetown, Tx.

I don't mean to alarm anyone but as you know the arc of his disease is not good and while Wes's strength has allowed him to defy the odds in terms of the number of months he has survived, the situation is becoming grim. The saving grace is that now Wes sleeps most all of the time, and is not in a hospital but is at his home, which, thanks to Claire's hard work, has been a rare blessing in this terrible situation. His ability to communicate is mostly gone. He stopped eating a couple of weeks ago.

I've had a couple of PMs asking about Wes and am not asking for anything in particular in this thread, just thought I would update you all as many of you count him among your friends. And publicly wish our friend a happy birthday.

Hard to say thank you for bad news, but it's good that you shared this with us. So Thank you.

FrogCop19

Thank you Steel. I know you have a shtick on here and I have appreciated the humor in the past, but I appreciate the open and honest posts like this even more. Please let Wes know in one of his lucid moments that KillerFrogs is praying for strength, understanding, and peace in this time of struggle, for both him and his family and friends.

froghair

Thanks steel