• Fire Offensive Staff and make great hires

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • Demote Cumbie and hire an OC for play calling

Votes: 52 45.2%
  • No changes and we suffer another year

Votes: 37 32.2%

• Total voters

flyfishingfrog

I love having a defensive guy as a head coach. Much better alternative than the other way around. But he needs to hire an OC and let that guy hire his own people and run his own stuff. Having Cumbie as an OC and making him run this slow down non Air Raid spread, whatever the hell it is we’re running, is idiotic.
I agree

I was just pointing out that much like our DC is not really calling our defense, a lot of OCs are not really calling the offense because their head coach is the offensive leader

really common in G5 schools where the staff is younger and paid less overall

TX_Krötenechse

I agree

I was just pointing out that much like our DC is not really calling our defense, a lot of OCs are not really calling the offense because their head coach is the offensive leader

really common in G5 schools where the staff is younger and paid less overall
Does Glasgow have play-calling responsibility for any of the defense? I know Bumpas used to call the DL while GP called the back side.

Dusty

I’d rather have someone learn from the NFL or Big 12. Maybe there’s an NFL assistant who wants to try his hand at college game (Jon Kitna?). Problem is you’d have to wait a month for him.

How about Graham Harrell. He was the OC at North Texas the last couple of years until this season. He called all of the offense and North Texas was doing great until he went to USC. Now USC is coming back, would be a nice upgrade from what we have now.

TRF51

How about Graham Harrell. He was the OC at North Texas the last couple of years until this season. He called all of the offense and North Texas was doing great until he went to USC. Now USC is coming back, would be a nice upgrade from what we have now.

why would he leave USC to come here for the same position? Not gonna happen unless the head coach is fired. He has WAY more talent there, especially at WR then we do. He has a better situation there then he would here with a grumpy conservative head coach who will throw him under the buss.

PO Frog

Frog fan wet dream

Moose Stuff

why would he leave USC to come here for the same position? Not gonna happen unless the head coach is fired. He has WAY more talent there, especially at WR then we do. He has a better situation there then he would here with a grumpy conservative head coach who will throw him under the buss.

As a Texas/DFW native I can give you ONE giant reason..... because it’s home. Would that be enough??????

How about in addition to what Moose pointed out he does well here and he could have a built-in P5 coaching job? While not a certainty, there is a better than average chance his HC does get fired so he'll probably want to work somewhere. If he would prefer Texas, that leaves TCU and UT who should be in the market for an OC this year. I know it has been pointed out that he has some relationship with Cumbie and GP has hurt Cumbie's feelings and such but it sure seems like a conversation worth having.

Last edited:

Chico Dusty

The USC coach will get fired

Pharm Frog

Don’t he and Sonny have a relationship being former Tech QBs? Doubt he’d work for a guy who just fired his friend.

I fully expect the candidate pool to be less populated than it could be because of the way this program has been run on the asst coach ledger. Not implying zero interest. Just less than it could be and maybe far less than it could be if the “buddies” aren’t let go.

JockO de Frog

Although cumbie needs to go, it appeared that he had to work with coaches that he probably would not have chosen himself. Plus, he had to use a quarterback that he probably did not want to use with Delton. If you're going to hire a good OC you have to let him make the changes necessary. Interview the current position coaches and keep or release those that don't fit your system. Cumbie was having to play behind the 8-ball.

4th. down

Although cumbie needs to go, it appeared that he had to work with coaches that he probably would not have chosen himself. Plus, he had to use a quarterback that he probably did not want to use with Delton. If you're going to hire a good OC you have to let him make the changes necessary. Interview the current position coaches and keep or release those that don't fit your system. Cumbie was having to play behind the 8-ball.

Truth be known, yep.

Moose Stuff

I don’t get the constant mention of Delton as a reason for our struggles. How many games did he cost us this year? Anyone who says something other than zero is making a massive reach IMO.