• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Too wet for couch burning edition

Mean Purple

watched us-wazzu on the television for family reasons and had the frogs on the lap top

last week before the apple cup the huskies co-dc jimmy lake was asked to explain how his defenses have had so much luck against the pirate.

lake said something to the effect it actually is pretty simple when wazzu has run the very same system for 7 years.

bottom line is you must be able to and willing to adjust and adapt are you are going to get beat again and again
Folks give Leach too much credit. It is an easy offense to defend because they know what's coming. He is not the only coach to say that in that conference.

Mean Purple

!!!!!!!!!!
We’ve finished the regular season with a winning record once in the last four scheissing years.
!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone is going to argue for what needs to change. No one can argue that this program isn’t on the verge of regression.
Other than 3 seasons, we have pretty much had our nuts handed to us in conference play in the big 12. The consistency is the wrong way.

Mean Purple

We are far, far closer to being a 9-3 team than a 3-9 team. If most of our 7 losses were blowout losses, you'd have a point. But we were still a competitive team this year, you don't clean house and start the program over when you are just a few tweaks away from being where you need to be.

You're acting like we lost all of our games 58-0 this year.
Dude, we lost 7 games. Close only counts in horse shoes and cow [ Finebaum ]s.

A eureka moment would be CGP acknowledgement that he is head coach and responsible for the train wreck on offense and defense. He has had the look of a coach who mailed it in all season long. This team has been ill equipped week in/week out and the buck stops with him. If TCU doesn’t make some changes and pull out of this tailspin the frogs are destined to be cellar dwellers for the foreseeable future.

Eight

Folks give Leach too much credit. It is an easy offense to defend because they know what's coming. He is not the only coach to say that in that conference.

leach is great for producing numbers.

heck they ran 31 more plays than udub and the huskies hammered them.

washington has basically done the same thing to his offense 7 straight years with the same results, frogs offense needs to be reworked and i have no problem going to a run heavy scheme if they can get the people needed to draw it up, teach it, recruit it, develop it, and call it

Eight

Noteboom, Pryor (NFL Linemen)

Patrick Morris (very serviceable)

Lucas Niang (Future NFL Linemen)

Schlottman also is on an NFL Roster I believe - or was for a while.

That is what I am talking about.

which I posted weeks ago supporting thomsen and morris is on the steelers practice squad.

still no clue what you are trying to say.

Bruce Berry

K.Patterson@kels_patterson

· 1h

We win TOGETHER & lose TOGETHER. (And will WIN AGAIN... TOGETHER. THAT is #FrogFactor. That is being ALL IN.
1f49c.png
Mrs.P

Good God.

Mean Purple

A eureka moment would be CGP acknowledgement that he is head coach and responsible for the train wreck on offense and defense. He has had the look of a coach who mailed it in all season long. This team has been ill equipped week in/week out and the buck stops with him. If TCU doesn’t make some changes and pull out of this tailspin the frogs are destined to be cellar dwellers for the foreseeable future.
Too many folks have head in the sand on this.
This team has shown no consistency in 4 years when you really look at it. We were hot and cold in 2017, but had talent to get through it. Play calling suckes that year. And all the issues that popped up that season have gotten progressively worse.

Eight

He was hired in 2017. He did not develop those guys, he inherited them. That would be what I am trying to say

he has developed lucas, inherited three bad recruiting classes, is in position to sign three solid recruiting classes, but what i don't know is how much he is involved in the design of the offense, run scheme design etc.....