• The KillerFrogs

Max Duggan

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Let me preface this by saying I have given a considerable amount of dollars to our football program (north of $25,000). I am not the biggest donor but I have certainly supported our program. Also, I got completely ripped by my so called friends or fan base a few weeks ago when I said Max Duggan is not a good QB. We should all be entitled to an opinion without getting completely shredded. I stand by the claim that Duggan is not very good as many of his decisions and throws were questionable all season. In fact, he threw quite a few flat out ducks and consistently threw into coverage.

He had a couple of good games but he is not the long term answer in my opinion and is now responsible for one of the two worst seasons we have had in the last 20 years. I don't care how much he cares or how competitive he is, he didn't get it done over a 12 game season. Any comparisons to Andy Dalton should cease now. I'm hurting just like all of you but we can't keep defending a player because he tries hard. Results are results...
You seriously don’t know football at all.

Chongo94

My first few posts were direct but turned out to be correct...I certainly hope I am wrong and he turns it around next season but I have seen a lot of football in my lifetime including Dalton when I attended TCU. I just don't think Duggan is that good. There is a big difference between Iowa HS football and the Big 12. The speed is too much for him right now.

Should’ve led with this.

And I’ll admit I was concerned by the quality of Iowa high school football. But Max has shown me enough to believe there is some definite ability there....provided he gets good coaching.

McGregor's Goat

I'll send you the gift receipts, why is everyone so rude on here?

I believe you but I'm not surprised that everyone is jumping on you. I think you would get a similar reaction on any fan message board by opening with an accounting of how much you donate.

And I think that it's true than Duggan was a poor passer this year, but disagree with your conclusion. He is talented and plays his ass off, plus he was a true freshman playing in a terrible offense. It's reasonable to expect him to improve (but needs a competent OC).

Surfrog

My first few posts were direct but turned out to be correct...I certainly hope I am wrong and he turns it around next season but I have seen a lot of football in my lifetime including Dalton when I attended TCU. I just don't think Duggan is that good. There is a big difference between Iowa HS football and the Big 12. The speed is too much for him right now.

So if you saw Dalton when you attended, that means you must be mid 30's, tops - a proverbial lifetime of football and coaching experience then.

Can you explain the difference between Hawk and Eagle defense then?
What about base vs gun scoot alignment and it's relation to over/under and when it's used and what it means for blitz packages?
What about flat foot reads vs toe reads and it's coverage tip?

Why don't you go be a scout for the Dolphins then with your type of insight?

oklahomafrog

I think donating to the program shows how much you care, many of my opinions are borne out of frustration for this season and last, after Robinson and Duggan, I just want to watch a QB who doesn't make costly turnovers...I am not questioning Duggan's effort, I'm questioning his skill level...

Surfrog

I think donating to the program shows how much you care, many of my opinions are borne out of frustration for this season and last, after Robinson and Duggan, I just want to watch a QB who doesn't make costly turnovers...I am not questioning Duggan's effort, I'm questioning his skill level...

Again how do you know it's Duggan's fault and not the receiver running a [ Finebaum ]ty route? or a play call with just one read?

The answer is - you don't. So stop acting like you know it all

LisaLT

In a perfect world, Max should have red shirted this year. With the injuries and transfers from last year that wasn’t possible.

It’s too bad we didn’t go after Shane Buechele or another QB transfer that was competent. For whatever reason, our coaches made serious errors in judgement about Delton.

All in all Max showed potential this season and though this was a stinker of a game, he deserves some kudos for being thrown in the fire and taking over the starting role.

What happens next year is anyone’s guess. I assume there will be a QB competition again, with Max having the edge for the starting position.

oklahomafrog

I agree, this should be a wrap, I don't think Duggan is good and I will continue to give funds to the football program, I hope all of you do the same, we need it