• The KillerFrogs

Official J. Garrett is Fired/ New Hire Poll

Who do you want as the new Dallas Cowboys coach?

• Matt Rhule

• Lincoln Riley

• Urban Meyer

• Josh McDaniels

• Joe Brady

• Mike McCarthy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Putt4Purple

It is a culture that Jerry Jones has developed. Any coach for the current Cowboys is nurtured because of JJ's constant micro Management style. Most everyone wants a strong coach but Jerry does NOT want that type of Independent strong willed coach to make player and coach personnel decisions. What true good head coach wants restrictions on players and coach decions? None. Thus if your a Cowboys fan be prepared for more of the same whom ever Jerry hires.
Jason Garrett is just the latest scapegoat for Jerry Jones.

Purp

It is a culture that Jerry Jones has developed. Any coach for the current Cowboys is nurtured because of JJ's constant micro Management style. Most everyone wants a strong coach but Jerry does NOT want that type of Independent strong willed coach to make player and coach personnel decisions. What true good head coach wants restrictions on players and coach decions? None. Thus if your a Cowboys fan be prepared for more of the same whom ever Jerry hires.
Jason Garrett is just the latest scapegoat for Jerry Jones.
I agree with this for the most part. It's the root cause behind him canning Jimmy and he's opted for coaches he could make genuflect to him ever since with a lone exception. Bill Parcels wasn't a puppet, but they couldn't work together bc they had different visions (I also think Parcels was past his use by date).

The only way I see Jerruh having success of any kind is hiring a strong coach who is perfectly simpatico with him. I do believe he's changed his philosophy some with the offensive shift in the league and seems to have a real interest in sharp, young, up and coming coaches (Richard and Moore) so I do see a bit of a window for him to entice a coach like Riley and give him a little latitude.

The thing about that latitude is that it wouldn't have a very long shelf life if there wasn't immediate results with it. The reality is the Cowboys were darned when Jerruh bought the team and they got extremely lucky to have all the stars align for success early on.

I continue to hope Jerruh pulls some Donald Sterling stunt and is forced to sell the team.

JugbandFrog

What they are is a very poorly coached team. A dozen coaches in the NFL would be unbeatable with the offensive personnel assembled in Dallas. The defensive personnel is also very good when you consider the DEs and LB may be the most talented in the game as a group. Also have a lockdown CB. The issue with this team is coaching. Period.

Bill Parcels wouldn't dispute it either. Parcels in his prime would be destroying the league with this roster.
Parcells took one of the worst teams I had seen and put them a botched snap from getting a win in the playoffs. Troy Hambrick was the RB. The team was HIS. Then Jerry bought in Terrell Owens.

I quit the Cowboys, and almost the NFL until Andy went to Cincy.

Big Frog II

In reality Jerry is head coach and Jason is his head assistant. Until Jerry quits trying to coach the team, it won't matter who he hires. His ego is too big to allow a good coach to come in long term and run it the new coach's way. Jerry wants the credit instead of sitting back like most owners not named Danny Snyder and let the football people do what is best. The most valuable franchise on earth, and they can't win diddly squat.

I agree with this for the most part. It's the root cause behind him canning Jimmy and he's opted for coaches he could make genuflect to him ever since with a lone exception. Bill Parcels wasn't a puppet, but they couldn't work together bc they had different visions (I also think Parcels was past his use by date).

The only way I see Jerruh having success of any kind is hiring a strong coach who is perfectly simpatico with him. I do believe he's changed his philosophy some with the offensive shift in the league and seems to have a real interest in sharp, young, up and coming coaches (Richard and Moore) so I do see a bit of a window for him to entice a coach like Riley and give him a little latitude.

The thing about that latitude is that it wouldn't have a very long shelf life if there wasn't immediate results with it. The reality is the Cowboys were darned when Jerruh bought the team and they got extremely lucky to have all the stars align for success early on.

I continue to hope Jerruh pulls some Donald Sterling stunt and is forced to sell the team.
Pretty stupid statement. You are like a Democrat concerning President Trump: You let your hatred overpower your head, common sense, reality. Needless to say you don't know shirt about the NFL so stay away from a thread like this.

Quit the cowboys when Aikman, Smith, and Irvin retired. Have not watched more than a few plays since that time. For decades, I rarely missed a game. Never forgave Jerry for the way he handled the Landry situation.
Ditto here. The beginning of the end was when he fired Tom.
Cowboys will never be any good until the owner fires the GM and that’s unlikey to happen.

Purp

Pretty stupid statement. You are like a Democrat concerning President Trump: You let your hatred overpower your head, common sense, reality. Needless to say you don't know shirt about the NFL so stay away from a thread like this.
The darn?!?

I'd be happy for you to elucidate me (and the rest of us) about how/why any of the things you just said are more than your hatred overpowering your head, common sense, and reality. Stay away from the fire water.

purplecircle

Even if Lincoln Riley were to take that job I’m pretty sure Venables and Morris would be in Norman within the hour. I’m not sure there would be any drop off, and they would certainly recruit a different defensive player.