• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

talor

here you go

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1574398557482-teslatruck8.jpg

just don't let anyone throw anything at you and it is all good

It certainly isn't for everyone, maybe not even very many people at all, but I give him props for pushing the envelope. They are very very divisive. I have no need for a truck but theres a decent chance my next vehicle is hyrbid or full electric.

That being said Musk is probably 1-2 years too late; there are no less than 8 electric trucks coming to market by end of 2021. This list includes Ford, GM, Rivan, and Lordstown (which is actually a former GM plant location).

Lordstown render looks pretty badarse to me:
lord.jpg

Rivan R1T will need to make their lights compliant but also way more truck like than the Tesla.
rivian-r1t-outdoors.jpg

netty2424

If I were in the market right now, I imagine it would be close between the F150 3.5 eco boost and new body style Silverado. I have liked the newer F150’s for quite a while.

A buddy of mine bought a new 1500 Silverado with a 3.0L duramax diesel in it. I was unaware that they did that until recently. He says he can get mid to upper twenty mpg with it in town and 30’s on the highway.
Took my F150 in for some warranty work few months ago and they put me in one of the new F150 diesels. Really liked that combo a lot. It would flat run! Had no problem from a stop or getting on it at highways speeds. Plenty of power.

I pull trailers fairly often, but no heavy loads so I can’t really justify the need for it.

But it was getting 26mpg. Much better than my 3.5eco boost at 17-18mpg.

netty2424

It certainly isn't for everyone, maybe not even very many people at all, but I give him props for pushing the envelope. They are very very divisive. I have no need for a truck but theres a decent chance my next vehicle is hyrbid or full electric.

That being said Musk is probably 1-2 years too late; there are no less than 8 electric trucks coming to market by end of 2021. This list includes Ford, GM, Rivan, and Lordstown (which is actually a former GM plant location).

Lordstown render looks pretty badarse to me:
lord.jpg

Rivan R1T will need to make their lights compliant but also way more truck like than the Tesla.
rivian-r1t-outdoors.jpg
That middle picture is pretty cool looking, but that last picture, Rivan R1T, is hideous. It looks like someone chopped up a couple of cars and attached a truck bed on it. Like the wheels though.

TCURiggs

Can really only speak to Ford and Chevy, but the F-150's have a more roomy interior and a better ride. I love the 5.3 Chevy/GMC V8... good MPG and plenty of power, but the EcoBoost is nice as well. I'd give the nod to Chevy on the engine, but lean towards Ford on space and comfort.