• The KillerFrogs

Josh Doctson cut by Vikings

DeuceBoogieNights

Since LT it feels like our skill position players never can take that step to the next level. I guess Kerley had an alright career. Dalton underwhelming. Boyce did nothing. Doctson nothing. Listembee nothing. CoRo nothing.

Froggish

Since LT it feels like our skill position players never can take that step to the next level. I guess Kerley had an alright career. Dalton underwhelming. Boyce did nothing. Doctson nothing. Listembee nothing. CoRo nothing.

We have a fair amount of offensive incompetence over the years. Since LT left, tell me how many times you've seen a TCU team with a ton of offensive identity? Don't get me wrong, we've had some good offenses 09-10 / 14/15. But I think those teams were good because of their collective strength. Not really because of exceptional talent. The NFL is full of players with exceptional talent. We have rarely recruited exceptional talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Zubaz

Agree with the larger point, but strong disagree with Dalton. Most of the guys you mention are basically journeyman, guys that would bounce around teams for a few years before leaving the league. While he's not a hall of famer or anything, Dalton has been the starting QB for the same team for 8 years, including playoff runs being right on that Pro Bowl line several times.

Yeah if you compare his career to one of the greatest RB's in NFL history, it's going to look a little underwhelming, but he's had a really good career.

Purp

Matt was a TE in the league and had a few decent years for the Eagles
I'm assuming I'm missing something here b/c of the ignore feature since you said "can't argue that" and I can't see what you aren't arguing. Nevertheless, of the Schobels I think Aaron easily had the best career. Dude was one of the best pass rushers in the game for a 3-4 year span and averaged close to double digit sacks a season over about a decade. That's way better than anything Matt did. I'd also add Dalton, Hughes, Hawthorne, and a handful of other before Matt in terms of NFL quality.

PO Frog

I'm assuming I'm missing something here b/c of the ignore feature since you said "can't argue that" and I can't see what you aren't arguing. Nevertheless, of the Schobels I think Aaron easily had the best career. Dude was one of the best pass rushers in the game for a 3-4 year span and averaged close to double digit sacks a season over about a decade. That's way better than anything Matt did. I'd also add Dalton, Hughes, Hawthorne, and a handful of other before Matt in terms of NFL quality.
He was responding to the lack of success for "skill" positions which is why the reference was to Matt. Obviously Aaron, as 77th all time in NFL sacks, had a much more successful career.

MTfrog5

Sorry yes taking mainly about skill players

Eight

Makes sense then. Sometimes ignore makes it hard to understand everything going on in here.

makes some posts really interesting though trying to fill in the blanks so to speak and there a few posts where i can see everything and still don't know what the hell is happening

DeuceBoogieNights

Agree with the larger point, but strong disagree with Dalton. Most of the guys you mention are basically journeyman, guys that would bounce around teams for a few years before leaving the league. While he's not a hall of famer or anything, Dalton has been the starting QB for the same team for 8 years, including playoff runs being right on that Pro Bowl line several times.

Yeah if you compare his career to one of the greatest RB's in NFL history, it's going to look a little underwhelming, but he's had a really good career.

I bet most Bengals fans think his career has been underwhelming. Didn't say he was a bust but I personally thought he would have had more success as far as winning goes. And I know it's not all him, but he was the type to win at every level and I thought he would win more in the league.

nwlafrog

I bet most Bengals fans think his career has been underwhelming. Didn't say he was a bust but I personally thought he would have had more success as far as winning goes. And I know it's not all him, but he was the type to win at every level and I thought he would win more in the league.

winning at the NFL level with an incompetent coach who enables cancerous behavior on the defensive side and gets their QB little to no help offensively other than spare RB’s and 1 good receiver with a [ Finebaum ] O line for his entire tenure is a different thing.

Sanu was different. Andy had 2 decent receivers at one point with Sanu and Green.

CountryFrog

Andy Dalton actually did more winning in Cincinnati than pretty much any QB they've had in about the last 30 years. That franchise is an absolute disaster from the top down and has been since long before Andy showed up.