• The KillerFrogs

Michael Collins

LeagueCityFrog

We thank Mike for his efforts and helping us win games last year. Right now, we need as many guys with Frog Factor as possible. This frees up a scholarship like Justin Rogers' scholarship for TCU football to get some more studs at positions that we are going to need depth for 2020.

Here are some predictions:

1. TCU beats WVU by at least 2 touchdowns on Friday.
2. TCU wins their bowl game.
3. TCU finishes with the #3 ranked recruiting class for 2020.
4. NFL tells Jalen Reagor that he's good, but this year's class of wide receivers entering the 2020 NFL draft are stout and he's a late third to fifth round player. Because he doesn't have enough classes to be a grad transfer, he returns to TCU for 2020.
5. Cumbie survives and gets demoted to quarterback coach. I don't know who the new OC will be.
6. Gary forces out some of the older coaches.
7. TCU ends up 11-1 in 2020 with a random loss at WVU or the like.
8. TCU beats a 9-3 K-State team to win the Big XII title.

We've found our quarterback, we have depth behind him, Downing and Baldwin, we have 2 stud freshman running backs, we've lost 5 of 6 games this season by one score and the majority of those teams have to come to the newly finished Eastside expansion and now 50,000 official capacity at The Carter.

McGregor's Goat

...was a backup that saw action included losing to Kansas before getting hurt. The following year he couldn't beat out either Delton or Duggan. Then he ruptured a spleen.

A couple of minor quibbles, no disrespect intended: (1) In the loss to Kansas Collins was 23/33 for 351 with 1 TD and 1 int. He also ran for 33 yards and two more TDs. Those are very good numbers! "He" didn't lose to Kansas, TCU lost to Kansas, and not because of him. You wouldn't say that Jawuan Johnson, who led TCU with 10 tackles in the game, sucked because he lost to Kansas. (2) The fact that he "couldn't beat out Delton" is part of my gripe here. Delton was a mediocre QB at K-State who never should have been signed, and at no point was he better than Collins. There was no time when Delton should have played when Collins was healthy enough to play. Then Delton, the so-called captain, abruptly quit as soon as Collins did go into a game ahead of him.

The fact that he couldn't stay healthy is totally fair game. And as I said, I didn't think he was anything great. I just think he was a competent QB who deserved more of a chance. I'm just annoyed that he sat behind both Robinson and Delton, two over-hyped disasters who never earned the starting jobs that were handed to them.

JockO de Frog

I realize that the most likely correct take on this is "he wants a chance to play, and a true freshman firmly established himself as the starter, plus Baldwin is likely next in line." I also don't think Collins is some kind of potential star. Still, he's the first guy I'm going to think of for awhile if I think about guys who didn't get a fair shake from TCU's coaching staff. I hope he goes somewhere and lights it up next year.
Exactly how I feel. Why he did not get the reps that Delton got is beyond me. He was very good and a class act and a team player. I do hope he lights it up somewhere cuz our coaching staff needs to be shamed.

JockO de Frog

We thank Mike for his efforts and helping us win games last year. Right now, we need as many guys with Frog Factor as possible. This frees up a scholarship like Justin Rogers' scholarship for TCU football to get some more studs at positions that we are going to need depth for 2020.

4. NFL tells Jalen Reagor that he's good, but this year's class of wide receivers entering the 2020 NFL draft are stout and he's a late third to fifth round player. Because he doesn't have enough classes to be a grad transfer, he returns to TCU for 2020.
5. Cumbie survives and gets demoted to quarterback coach. I don't know who the new OC will be.

We've found our quarterback, we have depth behind him, Downing and Baldwin, we have 2 stud freshman running backs, we've lost 5 of 6 games this season by one score and the majority of those teams have to come to the newly finished Eastside expansion and now 50,000 official capacity at The Carter.
When I am truly in the dumps, League City is the one I want to hang around with for a while. Talk about someone that sees the sunshine through the rain clouds!

My guess is that Collins will not play in the NFL. Injuries really kept him from showing a lot here. He was allegedly going to be the starter at Penn, maybe for three years, when he left. He might have been better off staying at Penn, rather than coming here. Transferring is probably at best a horizontal move for a few. Most of them you never hear from again. The Joe Barrows, Russell Wilsons, etc. are pretty rare.

LisaLT

My guess is that Collins will not play in the NFL. Injuries really kept him from showing a lot here. He was allegedly going to be the starter at Penn, maybe for three years, when he left. He might have been better off staying at Penn, rather than coming here. Transferring is probably at best a horizontal move for a few. Most of them you never hear from again. The Joe Barrows, Russell Wilsons, etc. are pretty rare.
NFL? Collins has no shot at that - no disrespect intended. Transferring all over the place and injuries don't help his case. I do agree it may have been wiser to stay where he was.

Paint It Purple

Not related to Collins at all because I think he's probably a mature kid that knows what he's doing, but how many of these transfer portal guys are going to truly be better off when they transfer? I'd imagine the lion's share of them are just kids that are frustrated that things aren't working out like they want, and their first instinct is to jump ship, only to find out the place they go to isn't much different.
Bingo. You nailed it.

MC never showed he was a high caliber QB. Where is he going to go play now? I guess OU will need a transfer QB next year.

I get that a kid wants to play football still. But geez, at some point it’s over. Move on. Use that degree and have a nice life. But honestly why would CGP give him another years free scholarship?

Wexahu

Bingo. You nailed it.

MC never showed he was a high caliber QB. Where is he going to go play now? I guess OU will need a transfer QB next year.

I get that a kid wants to play football still. But geez, at some point it’s over. Move on. Use that degree and have a nice life. But honestly why would CGP give him another years free scholarship?

I wasn’t referring to Collins. He’s already graduated. But it’s pretty easy for a kid to go from having potentially a nice 4-5 year college experience and establishing some real relationships to becoming a vagabond of sorts. Just wonder how many are really benefitting from transferring.

Moose Stuff

I’ll set the over under on your predictions coming true at 2.