• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

SnoSki

Welp boys, I got #phormered today.

I started a load of laundry first thing this morning and then hopped into the shower.

I get out, get dressed and come to find out that the drain pipe that takes the laundry water to the sewer was clogged, and my washing machine had been dumping gallons and gallons of water into the pipe and thus overflowing it all into the floor. At least half the washing machine capacity for a “large” load ended up on the floor.

Thankfully a plumber came over and was easily able to clear the clog which didn’t cost too much.

The bad news is that we have laminate flooring throughout the house and now quite a bit of it is ruined due to all the water. Not sure if we will be able to replace all the warped boards and if not, guess we will be reflooring the house soon.

Hopefully this is just the negative force before TCU beats OU tonight to restore balance to my day.

Peacefrog

Degenerate

I started a load of laundry first thing this morning and then hopped into the shower.

I get out, get dressed and come to find out that the drain pipe that takes the laundry water to the sewer was clogged, and my washing machine had been dumping gallons and gallons of water into the pipe and thus overflowing it all into the floor. At least half the washing machine capacity for a “large” load ended up on the floor.

Thankfully a plumber came over and was easily able to clear the clog which didn’t cost too much.

The bad news is that we have laminate flooring throughout the house and now quite a bit of it is ruined due to all the water. Not sure if we will be able to replace all the warped boards and if not, guess we will be reflooring the house soon.

Hopefully this is just the negative force before TCU beats OU tonight to restore balance to my day.
I put dish soap in my dishwasher once. Noticed it was bubbling out so I cleaned up a small mess and called myself a dummy. Filled it back up with soap and left the house. But I used dish soap again. Be sure I’m really dumb. Bubbles and water everywhere. Had to replace wood floors on entire first floor. Good times.

SuperBarrFrog

It’s happened to me before too. Buy yourself a $15 snake and save time and plumber fees next time.

bleedpurple

I put dish soap in my dishwasher once. Noticed it was bubbling out so I cleaned up a small mess and called myself a dummy. Filled it back up with soap and left the house. But I used dish soap again. Be sure I’m really dumb. Bubbles and water everywhere. Had to replace wood floors on entire first floor. Good times.
Hah. When I was a pledge me and two other pledges had the go clean up an actives apartment after he had a bunch of people over and after we got done cleaning and loading the dishwasher I loaded it with dawn dish soap and said adios. One of my better moves.

HFrog1999

Don’t turn the TV on

Eight

I feel like like this is a classic false narrative. I’m no rich guy, but If you can afford a Maserati, you can afford the maintenance. Luckily, my dream Italian sports cat is much more affordable. Coo-coo-ca-choo Mrs. Robinson.

View attachment 6541

so you admit they do break down a great deal and if anyone drives a european car better be ready for mortgage sized repair bills

the question is do you want to make that "second" mortgage payment on a semi-regular basis

SuperBarrFrog

so you admit they do break down a great deal and if anyone drives a european car better be ready for mortgage sized repair bills

the question is do you want to make that "second" mortgage payment on a semi-regular basis
I don’t think they break down more than other cars, they are just expensive to fix when they do.

talor

They are great dogs. Hunted both duck and other birds with them in SC.

They are awesome in field trials.
I'm 34 years old. We have had two boykin spaniels in the fam. One, from when I was like 5 or so was a great little hunter. The other just had big ears and loved to attack the water sprinkler; she gave some effort in the hunting arena but wasn't great.. Worth looking into if looking for well balanced pooch.

Last edited:

Mean Purple

I'm 34 years old. We have had two boykin spaniels in the fam. One, from when I was like 5 or so was a great little hunter. The other just had big ears and loved to attach the water sprinkler; she gave some effort in the hunting arena but wasn't great.. Worth looking into if looking for well balanced pooch.
How well do they do if they are in a family where the kids are at school and parents are at work? While looking stoic in the field, everytime I see one in person, they seem very people loving/companion based.
(obviously, with so many dog day cares around, may not be an issue anymore. Still, just wondering.)