• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU loses commitment from its top 2020 recruit

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU loses commitment from its top 2020 recruit

By Drew Davison

TCU football lost its top recruit on Thursday night.

Newton defensive end James Sylvester announced on his Twitter account that he’d be re-opening his recruitment. The 6-foot-4, 225-pounder is rated as a four-star prospect and the No. 39 overall player in Texas by 247Sports.

“First off, I would like the thank God for blessing me with the opportunity to further my education and to play the sport that I love on the next level,” Sylvester wrote. “I would also like to thank my family and close friends for helping me through this very difficult decision. However I will be de-committing from TCU and re-opening my recruitment. Much love. #24 out.”

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article237646214.html#storylink=cpy

Limp Lizard

Plus he can go to a team on the upswing, not one that is going downward the last 4 years. A mediocre year is a mediocre year, but losing the faith of the players and recruits and fans like the last two years is something different altogether. We will know how far we will fall after the bowl game (unless we don't go to one, then December).

Moose Stuff

Plus he can go to a team on the upswing, not one that is going downward the last 4 years. A mediocre year is a mediocre year, but losing the faith of the players and recruits and fans like the last two years is something different altogether. We will know how far we will fall after the bowl game (unless we don't go to one, then December).

Just because you lost the faith doesn’t mean everyone else did.

Diehard

YEP!

4 Oaks Frog

The initial bloodwork done showed a complete absence of frog factor. “The commitment could not stand as it was a complete charade,” according to a high ranking team official who wished to remain anonymous.
Such a beating, Limp. Such a beating...
GO FROGS!
BEAT okie!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe]!!

Pharm Frog

Baton Rouge is closer to home for him, than Austin.

Considerably so. Now I must say that I couldn't care less about commitments, decommitments, recommitments, partial commitments, conditional commitments or anything else to do with this stupid process and no, I don't respect their decisions or their change of decisions. Show up and I'll root for you. Don't show up and whatever...I'll likely root against you at some point. That said, I do think the resurgence of LSU to their level of play is going to have an impact on how well we continue to recruit LA.

Moose Stuff

Considerably so. Now I must say that I couldn't care less about commitments, decommitments, recommitments, partial commitments, conditional commitments or anything else to do with this stupid process and no, I don't respect their decisions or their change of decisions. Show up and I'll root for you. Don't show up and whatever...I'll likely root against you at some point. That said, I do think the resurgence of LSU to their level of play is going to have an impact on how well we continue to recruit LA.

How many a Louisiana kids have we actually beaten LSU for over the years? Rogers and D Raymond? Jenkins will be the 3rd if he signs (hopefully he works out better than the last two) Tevin Lawson and A Washington were both committed at one point but asked to look elsewhere right? Our best Louisiana kids like Cain, J Young, Turpin, Lathan, C Hunter.... never had an LSU offer. The bigger issue than LSU being really good is TCU continuing to be really mediocre.

Last edited:

MTfrog5

How many a Louisiana kids have we actually beaten LSU for over the years? Rogers and D Raymond? Jenkins will be the 3rd if he signs (hopefully he works out better than the last two) Tevin Lawson and A Washington were both committed at one point but asked to look elsewhere right? Our best Louisiana kids like Cain, J Young, Turpin, Lathan, C Hunter.... never had an LSU offer. The bigger issue than LSU being really good is is continuing to be really mediocre.
I guess I forgot Washington was committed to them. Glad we have him