• The KillerFrogs

ten years ago tonight

It's probably not a good answer because there were certainly great moments as has been pointed out but if I had to answer the question, I would say "everything." From Gameday being on campus to the anticipation, intensity, night game atmosphere, having the game go better than we could have scripted. Literally everything.

LVH

As someone who was on the team at the time the one thing that stood out to me was how the student section was full during warm ups. Before that game you might have had a row, maybe two, of students during warm ups but that game it was full. The whole week was awesome. The Sunday before that game we got the new helmets and cleats in and got to wear them at practice. This was 10 years ago before nike produced a million different uniform and helmet combos for every game. Getting custom made uniforms was a huge deal. I remember simply wearing black jerseys and purple pants for the 2008 BYU game was a big deal for us. We had seen the uniforms at the team hotel earlier in the season but had to keep quiet about them until Nikes press release

I haven't been to a TCU football game since my playing days but just from what I've seen on TV i dont think a home game has come close to that atmosphere since. 2015 baylor could have been that if not for the weather

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That was truly the Last Stand of the Old AGCS, and it was glorious.

About the only thing I could compare it to in that context was the '84 game against UT. Another sellout, electric atmosphere, national TV, etc. Sadly, the outcome wasn't the same, but the feel was very similar.

Mrs. Brewingfrog and I had a great time! An older fellow sat next to us in Section V that we hadn't seen before. We introduced ourselves, and he explained that he had played on the same teams as Bob Lilly back in the day. He hollered right along with us. And yes, the Tank INT roar was something to behold...

HFrog12

There was about 10 years worth of alumni in the student section because of the ID situation.

Packed in standing sideways like sardines and loving it. People having to stand on the concrete and then another row on the bleachers. Never needed to leave for a drink because your neighbor was loaded up ready to ride it out till the clock hit zero. Gentleman refusing to leave their seats and relieving themselves in water bottles. The origin of Sandstorm and the entire student section jumping up a down. Beverages flying when touchdowns were scored and turnovers happened.

The best party I have ever been to was that night in Amon G Carter stadium. My little brother never gave a second thought to going to another school after that experience. An atmosphere that will probably never be achieved again. Some of which are appropriate...fire hazards etc. But hot damn it was the most glorious and something I will truly never forget.