• The KillerFrogs

Astros cheating....

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I bet you’re the guy that tells the ref that The ball was off you out of bounds in a key situation

I can’t find a team that will play a 68 year old, so probably not.

But a TCU tight end allegedly told a ref he didn’t catch a TD pass that would have ended OU’s unbeaten streak in the 50s.

SuperTFrog

Surely you recognize the comparative difference between figuring out the sideline signs in football and hacking into a team's computer network to steal the playbook.

Both cheating but nowhere near the same.

Can’t wait to hear his response on this one.

All sin is sin. Whether you fib about why you were late to work or murder someone and cut all their limbs off, both are equal in the eyes of God...

I can’t find a team that will play a 68 year old, so probably not.

But a TCU tight end allegedly told a ref he didn’t catch a TD pass that would have ended OU’s unbeaten streak in the 50s.
I read this in a book by an Austin writer, Robert Heard, about the history (as of that writing) of the Texas/OU series. I believe it was called, "Oklahoma/Texas: Where football Becomes War."

sketchy

I'm surprised this is being treated as such a huge issue.
Fixing a game is obviously cheating.
Corking a bat is cheating.....when you get caught.
Any reasonable person should recognize the difference between the 2.

Pharm Frog

Is it possible that it is electronic "sign" stealing and that there's absolutely nothing wrong with it? Wasn't in in the MLB season thread where it was pointed out that Houston has a competency in video-based analytics that few teams can match? Perhaps they've used this to start isolating not only tells but tendencies. Nobody would say that this is cheating. Still....if it's such common knowledge that the Astros (or any team for that matter) was stealing signs, any decent team would not only be able to negate that effect but to turn it around and use it to their advantage.