• The KillerFrogs

FWST: TCU basketball signs two four-star big men to 2020 class

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
TCU basketball signs two four-star big men to 2020 class

BY DREW DAVISON

A pair of four-star big men are coming to TCU next season.

The Frogs officially signed Terren Frank and Eddie Lampkin on Wednesday, coach Jamie Dixon announced in a news release.

Frank, a four-star forward out of Chatsworth, California, is ranked 78th nationally in the ESPN 100. The 6-foot-7, 210-pounder led Sierra Canyon High School to two state championships.

Lampkin, a four-star center out of Katy, is the No. 5 overall player in Texas, according to TexasHoops.com. The 6-foot-10, 290-pounder averaged 14 points, 10 rebounds and 2.4 assists last season as a junior at Morton Ranch High School.

Read more at https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article237333794.html

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Recruits_mbb_2019.jpg

Frank is a top signing which is great but I am more excited about Lampkin because we are going to finally have a true big man, muscle inside to against the other top teams that have that.

Billy Clyde

Can Lampkin play DE?

Assuming you jest, but I remember seeing Leonard Mitchell playing both DE and Low Post at UH back when UH was legit in both sports. He was more of a footballer, was a first-round pick of the Iggles and IIRC an all-pro at DE for them, but was pretty impressive at the hoops too. Definitely an intimidator.

Chico Dusty

These are big signings. I saw Frank play a few times this spring in the Nike EYBL Circuit, which features the best players in the country. He was on Russell Westbrook’s team and they lost in the championship of the Peach Jam. He put up solid numbers against the best, so the jump to college hoops should be smooth. Exciting what Dixon and staff is doing!

Skip Jansen

It builds. Add these two to Easley and LeDee and you have 4 new guys that are going to have a huge impact on the program. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us add another wing either in the spring or off the portal before next season.

Those two guys will definitely have an inpact.

They want to add a 'lead' guard (PG that can score) in this class. The TCU staff refers to their PGs and SGs as "Ball Handlers".

So... (in the staff's vernacular) they want a ball handler that can score, as a compliment to Bello's pass first mentality. They want to be as versatile as possible. And before someone says, 'Position-less Basketball'. Just don't.

Both Gaines and Wicks are score first types.

Last edited:

Skip Jansen

These are big signings. I saw Frank play a few times this spring in the Nike EYBL Circuit, which features the best players in the country. He was on Russell Westbrook’s team and they lost in the championship of the Peach Jam. He put up solid numbers against the best, so the jump to college hoops should be smooth. Exciting what Dixon and staff is doing!

I agree with you on Frank. He actually reminds me of Kenrich Williams. Not overly athletic but very skilled. Incredible ball handler for his age and size. His lack of athleticism projects him as a 4 but he'll be tough to defend because of the skill. If he has the work ethic of KW, the frogs are in good shape.

AroundWorldFrog

Assuming you jest, but I remember seeing Leonard Mitchell playing both DE and Low Post at UH back when UH was legit in both sports. He was more of a footballer, was a first-round pick of the Iggles and IIRC an all-pro at DE for them, but was pretty impressive at the hoops too. Definitely an intimidator.
Kind of, but who wouldn't want a 6'10", 290# DE?

Froginbedford

Do you know something the rest of us don’t?

Just that the last couple of years have seen highly-recruited players in basketball and football jump ship through the black hole....It's hard to get excited about commitments when as much as 1/3 to 1/2 of the recruiting class doesn't work out, either through injuries, no skill, or the unholy hole of transfer...

Rose Bowl

Just that the last couple of years have seen highly-recruited players in basketball and football jump ship through the black hole....It's hard to get excited about commitments when as much as 1/3 to 1/2 of the recruiting class doesn't work out, either through injuries, no skill, or the unholy hole of transfer...

Sounds like you’re a pessimist. Last year something wasn’t right but that has absolutely nothing to do with this team.