• The KillerFrogs

This will mark the end of a historic TCU Baseball program....

Moose Stuff

https://www.tcu360.com/2019/11/tuition-to-exceed-50000-moving-forward/

No way to overcome this until the endowment triples in size at least....so sad

Not sure this particular increase at this particular time marks the end, but I’ve been telling people for years this was putting us at a disadvantage.... so yeah it’s not good. Need NCAA to raise scholarship limits, which seems unlikely anytime soon .

And it’s not just baseball, it’s any sport that doesn’t get a full allotment that will suffer.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
At a recent Clark Society meeting we were told that the university's current endowment is $1.7 billion.

In October, a new drive was started to increase the current endowment by an additional $1. billion and

that over $700,000 of the goal amount had already been raised. The ultimate goal is to have the university's

endowment at $3. billion dollars. Accuracy??

4th. down

So it was this last 4% that tipped the scales? I understand what you are trying to say but the program has been fine to this point. I truly doubt this is the final straw. At some point it needs to be fixed though. When the recruiting classes suffer we will know we’ve reached that point.

They will raise it until the market won't pay anymore. Inflation has been running around 2% annually and we exceed that amount every year easily. There is no police, so keep raising it.

robbroyy

Correct, they are trying to keep costs down to avoid being a rich only school. SMU has the largest in state tuition I’m told, but they also have the best fundraising team in the state.

Moose Stuff

So it was this last 4% that tipped the scales? I understand what you are trying to say but the program has been fine to this point. I truly doubt this is the final straw. At some point it needs to be fixed though. When the recruiting classes suffer we will know we’ve reached that point.

Recruiting is already suffering. There are a very large number of kids that we simply have ZERO shot at due to cost. Suffering probably isn’t the right word, but it’s a big deal.

Raw Frog

Hey Bo Bo, ...put your big boy pants on and manage the situation to keep from raising tuition every single year! I don't care if the students supposedly 'want more food options" or a bigger this or bigger that....give a solid choice of things for a competitive price from vendors and the students will adjust to management, not the reverse. It is out of control up there. We need competent management to step up.

Big Frog II

Correct, they are trying to keep costs down to avoid being a rich only school. SMU has the largest in state tuition I’m told, but they also have the best fundraising team in the state.
SMU does not have the largest endowment in the state.

Also, if we can grow ours large enough the baseball players would qualify for need based scholarships as well. This is how Vanderbilt built their program.

Armadillo

As university endowments keep going up and up. Student in this country keeps going up and up.

I see the size of these university’s endowments, and yet me, the tax payer, has to pay off the student debt. Just odd (not really odd....sarcasm font).

(Sorry for the horrible double entendres throughout this post. Was posted in all seriousness).

Eight

As university endowments keep going up and up. Student in this country keeps going up and up.

I see the size of these university’s endowments, and yet me, the tax payer, has to pay off the student debt. Just odd (not really odd....sarcasm font).

(Sorry for the horrible double entendres throughout this post. Was posted in all seriousness).

why do you think some of the schools with the biggest endowments are now doing the full tuition?

members of congress have already mentioned multiple times why the schools are sitting on all the money and deserve the tax shelter