• The KillerFrogs

2019-2020 TCU basketball thread

TRF51

Curious why we didn’t bring in another big. Kevin is great but Barlow looks like he can’t play at this level, was obvious last year he couldn’t play yet we did nothing to address it.

Eight

Curious why we didn’t bring in another big. Kevin is great but Barlow looks like he can’t play at this level, was obvious last year he couldn’t play yet we did nothing to address it.

good question.

curious if they thought they had a legit shot at the ncaa approving ledee's appeal

Chico Dusty

I’m still sorta young (39) and single. Atlanta is is very fun, just now you wanna be hanging intown Instead of Buckhead. If you have to drive around to the burbs than it sucks. If you can stay dtwon, midtown, or the neighborhoods east of dtown and don’t have to visit elsewhere it’s fantastic! Just ask @Chico Dusty

Oh no doubt. I forever love for Atlanta, as I grew up there and have many many fond memories. When I moved to Austin from Atlanta 4 years ago, I had soured a bit on Atlanta. It was stale to me. However, during visits back over the years, I’ve been very impressed with the growth and revitalization of areas around city center. And one thing no one can contest - Atlanta has soul!!

Skip Jansen

I think we are waiting on KK in a few weeks, and then a few international prospects, to round out the class. I'm guessing we sign 3 or so, +/- 1, at the end of the day?

Unfortunately, it's not looking great for KK. His recruitment has become a little strange. Won't get into the nuts and bolts of it but it includes Issac McBride (former Kansas signee).

The two backcourt players the Frogs are focusing on (for the late period) are-

-Skylar Wicks 6-5 Clearwater FL
-Eric Gaines 6-2 Atlanta GA

I am not as familiar with Wicks but the TCU staff loves him. Great size.

I'm very familiar with Gaines. IMO, he projects much better than Delvion Smith (Top 50 prospect from GA). Gaines can score at the next level. I don't see it with Smith. Smith reminds me of Davion Mitchell (Baylor). I like Gaines much better.

Either Gaines or Wicks would be a great signing.

Rose Bowl

Hard to think we won’t sign another PG but I still think we need a longer guy who can play the 4. Just wondering if we will try LaDee there.

Eight

I was thinking for next year. Grayer will be gone and was hoping for a bigger guy at the 4. A guy like JD who was 6’8” or so who can shoot it a little bit.

ledee is in that range of 6'8-9" , well over 200 lbs, and i guess has the ability to play out on the floor a bit.