• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Frank, Lampkin Sign with TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Recruits_mbb_2019.jpg

https://gofrogs.com/news/2019/11/13/mens-basketball-frank-lampkin-sign-with-tcu.aspx

GoFrogs: Frank, Lampkin Sign with TCU

FORT WORTH – TCU head coach Jamie Dixon announced the signing of four-star big men Terren Frank and Eddie Lampkin on Wednesday.

Frank is a 6-7, 210-pound forward from Chatsworth, Calif. He is ranked 78th nationally in the ESPN 100 and is a consensus four-star player. Frank has played on two of the best teams in the state of California in Sierra Canyon High School and Team WhyNot. He led Sierra Canyon to two state championships and helped Team WhyNot reach the championship game of the Elite Youth Basketball League. On the EYBL circuit, Frank averaged 12 points and six rebounds.

Lampkin is a 6-10, 290-pound center from Katy, Texas. He's the No. 5 overall player in Texas according to TexasHoops.com and has a four-star rating by ESPN.com. Lampkin averaged 14 points, 10 rebounds and 2.4 assists last season as a junior at Morton Ranch High School. Heading into this season, Morton Ranch is the No. 3 ranked team in Class 6A and the top-ranked team in Houston according to TexasHoops.com. This past summer, Lampkin went to the Steph Curry Select Camp and earned MVP of the Steph Curry UnderArmour game.

Frank and Lampkin will be freshmen for the 2020-21 season.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Frank is a top signing which is great but I am more excited about Lampkin because we are going to finally have a true big man, muscle inside to against the other top teams that have that.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
this is a bit right? seriously you are just trolling right now......
So you no longer have anything of quality to say?

We have been pushed around and outmanned inside in recent years by some large, strong people. That should be coming to an end with Samuel and the other additions. The guys that are 220-250 are good, but I haven't seen them yet be really physical. I like having someone like Lampkin who I think will bring a new level of physicality and muscle inside. Sorry if you don't like that opinion but I believe I am able to have that.

Leap Frog

this is a bit right? seriously you are just trolling right now......

If top is trolling, he has been for a long time. C'mon, Eight, you are a good Frog but you can't really mean that.
Besides, what is wrong with having two big un's-- I wish we had more and maybe will.

Eight

So you no longer have anything of quality to say?

We have been pushed around and outmanned inside in recent years by some large, strong people. That should be coming to an end with Samuel and the other additions. The guys that are 220-250 are good, but I haven't seen them yet be really physical. I like having someone like Lampkin who I think will bring a new level of physicality and muscle inside. Sorry if you don't like that opinion but I believe I am able to have that.

you can have an opinion, but if you think lamb suddenly gives tcu something they don't have right now in samuel that opinion is wrong

oh, wait, samuel is only in the range of 250-60 so he isn't carrying 30 lbs of baby weight like lamb is right now. kevin was close to that when he came to tcu and in high school he looked a bit slow and anything but explosive as lamb looks right now.

samuels has busted his ass, changed his body and if you put kevin and lamb on the low block you can take lamb and his 290 because kevin is going to wear him out with the strength he has built up these three season in ft worth.

would not be surprised to see lamb red-shirt next year if barlow gains any offensive awareness and the biggest problem the frogs have had and do have this year isn't at center, but at the 4.

they are short, they are given up size, and they haven't been overly explosive since they lost williams and washbourne