• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

MTfrog5

Using cameras is dirty. Just like everyone was pissed when patriots filmed other teams walk thrus. Guy on 2nd stealing signs ok; setting up cameras and then relaying messages to the dugout and having players bang in trash cans to tell the hitter what pitch is coming is a different story.
They weren’t even relaying signs to the dugout. Some dude standing there watching a feed. The video I posted showed the bang was happening within a second of the catcher putting down the sign

SnoSki

I haven’t read the article but it is interesting to note that the Astros hit better on the road than at home in 2017.

also their K rate fell to 2nd the following season.

SnoSki

Saw a few YouTube videos supposedly recording this trash can sound that signaled what pitch was coming next.

I’m skeptical because of a few things:
1) why is there no footage of something as large and loud as a metal trash can being banged on? It’s not like they were using tiny earpieces. This should be visible on any telecast when the camera pans into the dugout.

2) if the thing is loud enough to be heard by the batter, wouldn’t it also be heard by the opposing catcher, pitcher, first baseman, second baseman, home plate umpire, first base umpire and second base umpire? Especially when used for multiple batters ina sequence that takes multiple pitches (and banging signals)?

3) wouldnt the camera operators right next to the dugout notice this?

4) wouldn’t anyone not on the roster but in the dugout notice this? Think of all the people who would have to be in on the conspiracy for over two years now: beat writers, medics, police, EMTs, batboys, the people who setup the camera. You’d have to pay off a LOT of people to not tell anyone (and trust them enough that they wouldn’t take the money and spill the secrets) to do something so blatant.

6) I’ve seen on Twitter the film from one home game in 2017. shouldn’t there be film of this happening in other games? Also, since they hit better on the road in 2017, shouldn’t there be film from this at road games?

7) if they also did this on road games, then you have a whole new list of people to pay off and not say anything. Local bat boys, clubhouse managers, security, camera people, EMTs. Again, wouldn’t they say something by now?

MTfrog5

Saw a few YouTube videos supposedly recording this trash can sound that signaled what pitch was coming next.

1) why is there no footage of something as large and loud as a metal trash can being banged on? It’s not like they were using tiny earpieces. This should be visible on any telecast when the camera pans into the dugout.

2) if the thing is loud enough to be heard by the batter, wouldn’t it also be heard by the opposing catcher, pitcher, first baseman, second baseman, home plate umpire, first base umpire and second base umpire? Especially when used for multiple batters ina sequence that takes multiple pitches (and banging signals)?

4) wouldn’t anyone not on the roster but in the dugout notice this? Think of all the people who would have to be in on the conspiracy for over two years now: beat writers, medics, police, EMTs, batboys, the people who setup the camera. You’d have to pay off a LOT of people to not tell anyone (and trust them enough that they wouldn’t take the money and spill the secrets) to do something so blatant.

6) I’ve seen on Twitter the film from one home game in 2017. shouldn’t there be film of this happening in other games? Also, since they hit better on the road in 2017, shouldn’t there be film from this at road games?

7) if they also did this on road games, then you have a whole new list of people to pay off and not say anything. Local bat boys, clubhouse managers, security, camera people, EMTs. Again, wouldn’t they say something by now?
Post season went 8-1 at home while 3-6 on he road

SnoSki

Post season went 8-1 at home while 3-6 on he road

sample size matters. 81 games of evidence is a lot stronger than 18.

I mean, how many teams look like World Series contenders after the first 18 games in April but later fizzle out? How many start slow and heat up?

based on postseason stats alone you’d think Verlander was one of the worst pitchers of all time but we all know he’s a hall of famer.

MTfrog5

sample size matters. 81 games of evidence is a lot stronger than 18.

I mean, how many teams look like World Series contenders after the first 18 games in April but later fizzle out? How many start slow and heat up?

based on postseason stats alone you’d think Verlander was one of the worst pitchers of all time but we all know he’s a hall of famer.
Cora beat them in 2018 and it’s known he changed all their signs. Strasbourg said they faked tipping pitches and signs against them. Might be a reason they went 0-4 at home. Hinch jokes about the Yanks complaining about a whistle. Probably shouldn’t have joked about that as the Yankees were probably right. It’s known the bullpen catch would relay things from the bullpen. How is he doing that? He can’t see the catchers signs, so I’d imagine there is a type of camera involved.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.

You know how I know you’re an Astros fan?

SnoSki

You know how I know you’re an Astros fan?
Ha. Obviously. Just saying that this conspiracy theory has a lot of flaws in it and it’s hard to take seriously when you have a disgruntled former player, a World Series opponent, and Yankees fans on twitter leading the charge.

That said, I will be happy to eat crow if the MLB investigation reveals wrongdoing.

Eight

A good buddy of mine, and fellow TCU grad is organizing and hosting this event this Friday in Dallas.

https://www.lawxstylesummit.com/

It will feature a pop up market/happy hour that will feature some awesome Texas clothing brands - mine included. ( www.jackdonnelly.com). Event is in Deep Ellum at the Deep Ellum Art Co. Looks like a sweet place. Come out and support!!

looks interesting, will send to our son, not charging the attorneys enough