• The KillerFrogs

Time to change Orbegron filter

JugbandFrog

I mean. For the crazy accent. His old school mentality. The guy is the definition of change. If he would have stayed rooted in his ways, LSU would be where we are now.

"You know when I felt it?" Orgeron asked the media afterward in the bowels of Bryant-Denny Stadium. "When I got on the plane. I felt like, 'You know what, we got 'em. We finally got the tools that we need. We finally got the players that we need. We finally got the coaching staff that we need to beat these guys.'"

That last line says it all. You bring in the people who coach the players to be what you need them to be. I like Orgeron’s story, and I want to root for the guy.

I propose we change the [ Finebaum ] filter to

“Cumbie’s red zone playcalling”

Last edited:

Dr. Coach Haus

I have always liked the short side option, and never begrudged Shultz for using it.
First of all, i agree with the proposal. No imagination on second half and red zone play calling.
Second, short side option can work well when properly blocked and the qb doesn't run too wide. Plus if it is not used too often. All Schultz ran was short side option and flanker screen.

Limp Lizard

I only brought up the short-side option because many comment on it like it is the worst play in football. In fact it is an essential and effective part of an option offense. But...you must execute it properly.

Froggish

I only brought up the short-side option because many comment on it like it is the worst play in football. In fact it is an essential and effective part of an option offense. But...you must execute it properly.

Nothing wrong with a short side option or a screen...The problem lies in those becoming bedrocks of your offensive scheme...ISU pulled that out of their hat at the perfect time. They didn’t run it on 15+% of their Off possessions. These are indications that someone (OC) understands the feel of a game and how to spar with a DC

Froggish

I mean. For the crazy accent. His old school mentality. The guy is the definition of change. If he would have stayed rooted in his ways, LSU would be where we are now.

"You know when I felt it?" Orgeron asked the media afterward in the bowels of Bryant-Denny Stadium. "When I got on the plane. I felt like, 'You know what, we got 'em. We finally got the tools that we need. We finally got the players that we need. We finally got the coaching staff that we need to beat these guys.'"

That last line says it all. You bring in the people who coach the players to be what you need them to be. I like Orgeron’s story, and I want to root for the guy.

I propose we change the [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] filter to

“Cumbie’s red zone playcalling”

The formula is clear for any smart manager/CEO...Surround yourself with proven talent that is smart and hungry then get out of their way...Ed O has done that. GP has not..

The formula is clear for any smart manager/CEO...Surround yourself with proven talent that is smart and hungry then get out of their way...Ed O has done that. GP has not..
Don't most successful smart managers/CEO's/head football coaches do this? Yes, there are some that call the plays, but none I can think of are as active on both sides of the ball. And if you don't think, GP isn't active in the offense, just watch him closely when we have the ball. He seems to always be in Cumbie's/Luper's area.
Coach O did exactly what he needed to do, hire extremely talented coaches and let them do their job. Success breeds success, and top recruits will always follow teams with success.