• The KillerFrogs

Game of inches, we aren’t that far away

MinFrog

Go look at our one score losses compared to Baylor’s one score wins.

a few breaks here and there and the narrative is completely flipped.

with that said, I think losing close games points to poor coaching/game management. We were close to competing for the big xii championship, but we got out coached too many times.

GP is right, this team can compete with anyone, but right now we don’t have the coaching staff to compete. I would start with the OC and a couple of other coaches who have outlived their usefulness.

Moose Stuff

Go look at our one score losses compared to Baylor’s one score wins.

a few breaks here and there and the narrative is completely flipped.

with that said, I think losing close games points to poor coaching/game management. We were close to competing for the big xii championship, but we got out coached too many times.

GP is right, this team can compete with anyone, but right now we don’t have the coaching staff to compete. I would start with the OC and a couple of other coaches who have outlived their usefulness.

I agree. We aren’t that far away as long as the right changes are made.

CountryFrog

Assessing the overall "talent level" of an entire team is certainly highly subjective and to a certain degree a fool's errand anyway because a talented team doesn't always equal a good team. BUT, I think that pretty much anyone who watched our games against SMU, KSU, and Baylor could reasonably say that those are games that SHOULD have been won by TCU with the team we put out there as compared to the opponent. You could also pretty easily say that we're even or at least very close to ISU and OSU. Yet we lost all of those games.

You're certainly never going to win every game against a similarly talented opponent even if you're slightly better but imo we've been in 6 such games this year and have a 1-5 record. All of that seems to support the notion that we are close. I wish I could write this off as simply bad luck but since this is the 3rd season in the last 4 that we've found ourselves in this spot then either we're the unluckiest sports team in the history of sports or some realities need to be faced and addressed.

TheFDN

Assessing the overall "talent level" of an entire team is certainly highly subjective and to a certain degree a fool's errand anyway because a talented team doesn't always equal a good team. BUT, I think that pretty much anyone who watched our games against SMU, KSU, and Baylor could reasonably say that those are games that SHOULD have been won by TCU with the team we put out there as compared to the opponent. You could also pretty easily say that we're even or at least very close to ISU and OSU. Yet we lost all of those games.

You're certainly never going to win every game against a similarly talented opponent even if you're slightly better but imo we've been in 6 such games this year and have a 1-5 record. All of that seems to support the notion that we are close. I wish I could write this off as simply bad luck but since this is the 3rd season in the last 4 that we've found ourselves in this spot then either we're the unluckiest sports team in the history of sports or some realities need to be faced and addressed.

Terrific analysis. What fresh and exciting and well thought out opinions that this board has never seen. For you to come to the conclusion that we have been “close” in 6 games, then to determine that we have a record of 1 and 5 in these “close” games....that’s next level thinking right there. Post more.

CountryFrog

Terrific analysis. What fresh and exciting and well thought out opinions that this board has never seen. For you to come to the conclusion that we have been “close” in 6 games, then to determine that we have a record of 1 and 5 in these “close” games....that’s next level thinking right there. Post more.
Seems like I said slightly more than that but hey, you're right. I should've stuck with some trite football saying that's been around for decades to describe the team. That would've been MUCH better.

CountryFrog

Look guys, it is what it is.

You can't win them all.

It's always got to be about the NEXT PLAY.

Focus on what you can control and nothing more.

Guys just have to do their 1/11 for 60 minutes and we'll be where we want to be.

Gotta find a way to limit the mistakes.

More teams lose games than win them.

This game is 90% mental.

Need someone to step up and make a play.

Froggish

Far away from what?...Winning?...Guess what we are 3 games away from the end of the season before we have to figure it all out again...Being close is irrelevant. The season is virtually over. You can’t spend 8-9 games a year to get your sea legs..Good programs come out of the gate having figured it out

Diehard

Wow! The jerkiness continues.