• The KillerFrogs

Beat Baylor

ThisIsOurTime

We have now moved onto another week of college football and we now have our rivalry game with Baylor. They are coming into Amon Carter with a perfect record and we have every reason to want to beat them. I fully expect our team to show up and play well. This is a game they should be looking forward to as much as the fans. Even with the 11:00am start, this will still be a can't miss game. For players who did not perform against OkState, this will be a chance at redemption. For everyone else, it will be a chance to not only take down a rival but a ranked opponent. I am sure Baylor will play with more intensity and effort than in their previous game but believe we will bring more. This is a make or break game for our season and believe our team will shine on Saturday.

Beat Baylor.

This is TCU's season now. It's the biggest game of the 2019. Spoil Baylor's really pretender season I believe. And TCU will have to do it despite the refs not calling obvious holding or PIs that is blatant. They screwed Texas Tech vs Baylor and right now for Big 12 that is where TCU is at, TTU level. They will try to protect Baylor to keep them in the top 12 to set up a big game vs top 10 Oklahoma and interesting comeback story for Baylor (This couldn't be more scripted). They put this game at the 11am hour favoring Baylor...early family time...TCU needs a big turnout. This is the season & I hope a win. It is going to be difficult especially with unknown at QB.

Last edited:

BABYFACE

I usually don’t do many predictions but I predict a TCU win over Baylor. Double digits.

Edit: Just read Collins and Duggan got hurt near the end of OSU game. Collins out for a while, Max, unknown. The Frogs can still beat Baylor with Delton if that ends up being the case, but it will be a dogfight. OLine needs to step up with Niang done.

Last edited:

ThisIsOurTime

I usually don’t do many predictions but I predict a TCU win over Baylor. Double digits.

Edit: Just read Collins and Duggan got hurt near the end of OSU game. Collins out for a while, Max, unknown. The Frogs can still beat Baylor with Delton if that ends up being the case, but it will be a dogfight. OLine needs to step up with Niang done.

If so, Delton is plenty capable. And in some ways, I like him as he breaks tendencies. Whoever the QB is, the team needs to rally around him. This week it is more about other players stepping up.

1. Will the OL open running lanes and keep out the pass rush?
2. Will the second tier receivers make the plays they should in blocking and receiving?
3. Will our LBs have a much better showing against the run game?
4. Will we play with passion and feed off the crowd's energy?

I believe we will see an increase in quality of play. This is a game the players should be hungry for along with the fans. This is also the game where all the players should be giving max effort. If a player isn't giving max effort in this one, the coaches should make a note and put in other players ahead of them for the rest of the season.

This is also a game where I expect Cumbie to get creative and go into his bag of tricks. Trick plays, fake punts, onside kicks and whatever else he can think of are options. It should be made clear to the team early that we are going to pull out all the stops to win. And this goes for defense too. I fully expect for GP to ramp things up and keep Brewer on his toes.

Salfrog

Tier 1

Does this mean they start getting Baldwin prepared as the backup this week, or do they go with Downing as backup.

Les3

Pretty simple for Baylor. If BU’s OL plays like they did against WVU, TCU will walk away with a double digit win.

if not, this should be a really good game.

Mean Purple

If so, Delton is plenty capable. And in some ways, I like him as he breaks tendencies. Whoever the QB is, the team needs to rally around him. This week it is more about other players stepping up.

1. Will the OL open running lanes and keep out the pass rush?
2. Will the second tier receivers make the plays they should in blocking and receiving?
3. Will our LBs have a much better showing against the run game?
4. Will we play with passion and feed off the crowd's energy?

I believe we will see an increase in quality of play. This is a game the players should be hungry for along with the fans. This is also the game where all the players should be giving max effort. If a player isn't giving max effort in this one, the coaches should make a note and put in other players ahead of them for the rest of the season.

This is also a game where I expect Cumbie to get creative and go into his bag of tricks. Trick plays, fake punts, onside kicks and whatever else he can think of are options. It should be made clear to the team early that we are going to pull out all the stops to win. And this goes for defense too. I fully expect for GP to ramp things up and keep Brewer on his toes.
If Max is not playing, Cumbie would likely go back to the game plan that frustrates.

With Lucas gone, this offense may have a hard time running.

Rcvrs will need to show up big and cut the drops.

4th. down

We have now moved onto another week of college football and we now have our rivalry game with Baylor. They are coming into Amon Carter with a perfect record and we have every reason to want to beat them. I fully expect our team to show up and play well. This is a game they should be looking forward to as much as the fans. Even with the 11:00am start, this will still be a can't miss game. For players who did not perform against OkState, this will be a chance at redemption. For everyone else, it will be a chance to not only take down a rival but a ranked opponent. I am sure Baylor will play with more intensity and effort than in their previous game but believe we will bring more. This is a make or break game for our season and believe our team will shine on Saturday.

Beat Baylor.

"This is a make or break game for our season and believe our team will shine on Saturday. "

I've heard the same thing now for 3 weeks. We are going to beat an undefeated team with Delton? Let Downing take the no.2 offensive unit and Delton the no.1, who wins?

ThisIsOurTime

"This is a make or break game for our season and believe our team will shine on Saturday. "

I've heard the same thing now for 3 weeks. We are going to beat an undefeated team with Delton? Let Downing take the no.2 offensive unit and Delton the no.1, who wins?
That wasn't said by me for 3 weeks. This Baylor game is a big game because it is one of the winnable games we have left on the schedule. If we win this game, our odds of bowl eligibility are good. If we lose the game, that is put in jeopardy.
This game is also important for recruiting and reputation purposes. If we win, we can salvage some of the other losses of the season. If we lose, we take a step back.

4th. down

That wasn't said by me for 3 weeks. This Baylor game is a big game because it is one of the winnable games we have left on the schedule. If we win this game, our odds of bowl eligibility are good. If we lose the game, that is put in jeopardy.
This game is also important for recruiting and reputation purposes. If we win, we can salvage some of the other losses of the season. If we lose, we take a step back.

Different strokes for different folks.

IF we go to a toilet bowl, there will be no significant changes as GP will preach all the problems we had this year and it was a great way to end the year and is looking forward to Spring Ball. Just more blah, blah, blah.

The roof is going to have to cave in to get a OC and DC. Yes, a DC with authority by both of them, to pick their position coaches and guess what? GP gets to finally, after all the trials and tribulations, he gets to become the Head Coach. Imagine that, Gary Patterson assumes the responsibility of being the Head Football Coach at TCU. Reality check.........no changes are coming.

TooColdU

Baylor is playing OU in the 6:30 primetime game on ABC next weekend. They may even get college game day in Waco.

Hopefully they get caught looking ahead too much and overlook their game vs us this week.

Last edited:

Wexahu

This is TCU's season now. It's the biggest game of the 2019. Spoil Baylor's really pretender season I believe. And TCU will have to do it despite the refs not calling obvious holding or PIs that is blatant. They screwed Texas Tech vs Baylor and right now for Big 12 that is where TCU is at, TTU level. They will try to protect Baylor to keep them in the top 12 to set up a big game vs top 10 Oklahoma and interesting comeback story for Baylor (This couldn't be more scripted). They put this game at the 11am hour favoring Baylor...early family time...TCU needs a big turnout. This is the season & I hope a win. It is going to be difficult especially with unknown at QB.

Just stop. This is so ridiculous. Take your tin foil hat off.

Froggish

Baylor has benefited from a wealth of luck this year and it appears it will continue this week at TCU. Facing a 4th team QB..

OU fans should go ahead and prepare themselves for Lincoln getting hit by a truck next Wed.

Just stop. This is so ridiculous. Take your tin foil hat off.

You believe what you want. I can wear my tin foil hat all I want. And I'll keep going all I want. Put me on ignore if you don't like it, or don't respond. Wouldn't phase me.

But I love how this is all coming to an ESPN Gameday show in Waco. To highlight their 7:30 ABC game on ESPN with two top 10 teams on November 16th.

Last edited:

ThisIsOurTime

Time to rally around the family folks. I don't care who are QB is. We are going to beat Baylor. People need to start getting excited about this game and rally around this team. The team will respond accordingly.