• The KillerFrogs

What "grow them up" really means

LisaLT

I remember Andy's first starting season, we lost 5 games in the regular season. Similar to this. So tap the brakes on the season number until the end. After the insane [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] that went down at the end of last season, who knows. Collins could come in and do something crazy, then Max could come back in and match it. Then Reagor could say, "that's it, this is supposed to be my highlight reel" and jump over to corner back and have like monumental numbers of interceptions.
Then the ncaa drops the ban hammer on baylor and Herman gets busted with another stripper. Then Riley goes to the Cowboys Dana gets the OU gig. You never know how [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] will turn out.

Also, why am I out of rum?
And I’ll post my swim suit pic. Lol

CryptoMiner

Not a slide show guys, despite the title looking like one.

Grow them up means we get classes laden with guys who at the time they entered TCU are not FBS caliber players. They do show some potential but no way are they ready to play at this level. We take 2 or three years then finally a few get bigger, faster and skilled enough to play well. A few then make it to the NFL. GP does a great job of developing a handful of players given 3 or 4 years. But a football team is made up of 22 starters, plus kickers. Developing the handful of lesser rated recruits to go with the 4/5* recruits is what OU had done, even Alabama has a few 3* athletes who become stars. Now it looks like Texas finally has the coaching to go along with their fantastic talent.

I had hoped that this was the year we could break through, have a great year and finally start recruiting to build a top-notch program. Three or four 4* and no 5* will not get you to the B12 championship now. Unfortunately we have blown this chance, and Baylor and SMU have taken our place. I have never been so pessimistic about the future of this program. All because GP likes to give his OC a chance to excel. I am tired of the best we can do on recruiting is low 20's, on rare occasions. There is just so good you can get.

Texas can have several bad classes and still succeed. I don't know that TCU can.

Now do “Paper Tigers.”

netty2424

And I’ll post my swim suit pic. Lol
giphy.gif

MinFrog

WE AREN'T LOSING BECAUSE OF OUR PLAYERS POTENTIAL!! WE ARE BEING OUTCOACHED ON A CONSISTENT BASIS!!

We have way more potential/athleticism than we have outside of about 2 or 3 years. It is 100% on our coaches to get more out of them. I would not trade rosters with anyone outside of OU, but I would trade coaching staffs with probably 6 or 7 teams right now.

LawFrog504

For GP, "Grow them up" translates to=

I am trying to get you to believe that these kids are way less athletic/talented than they really are so that when they don't perform I can act like it's all due to youth/inexperience. I want you to believe that I can only succeed with a team full of seniors who have been in my god awful defense for 4 years. Adapt or change it? Absolutely NOT!! It worked in 2010 so I will never change! Please believe me when I say the talent is inferior and the kids are immature, and please ignore the recruiting rankings that say our talent is better than it's ever been.

GP should refund every penny that he's been paid for this season. Horrific job. If I did this poorly at my job I would've been fired long ago.

Don't worry guys, just remember a few things:
"We have 8 (OL)"
"All our QB's throw the deep ball really well" (this included Alex Delton)
"TCU always bounces back after a down year"
"Ask Sonny- I don't do offense"

Gotta run, my boss is furious with me so I'm going to send the janitor to his office to attest for it.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Funny, but I happen to think that many of the players that we have recruited of late may have a lot of stars but have little of the character seen in lesser ranked but more accomplished recruits of old. Player evaluation ain't what it used to be in this organization, and thus, the organization has suffered.

Every year, we are treated to the ridiculous drama of which 18-year-old knucklehead will sign with who. "Ooooh! 5-Star Yadda Yadda signed with Alabama!" So what. Most of the 5-star kids flame out. Most of the 4-stars flame out. Some of them go on to stardom, tis true, but most don't. There are intangibles, things that can't be measured with a stopwatch: Heart. Drive. Poise. Character. A 5-Star prima donna who becomes a lockerroom cancer is hardly a recruiting win in the long run, whereas the 3-star kid you passed over for him may well go on to be a star. Dissociating the "starsies" from actual observation and evaluation, and making honest assessments of the overall package is where we have been lacking.

Xs and Os are another matter, as is player execution, as is team poise, etcetera. Our Staff is failing at each of those levels as well. Stevie Wonder could see it...

Wexahu

Funny, but I happen to think that many of the players that we have recruited of late may have a lot of stars but have little of the character seen in lesser ranked but more accomplished recruits of old. Player evaluation ain't what it used to be in this organization, and thus, the organization has suffered.

Every year, we are treated to the ridiculous drama of which 18-year-old knucklehead will sign with who. "Ooooh! 5-Star Yadda Yadda signed with Alabama!" So what. Most of the 5-star kids flame out. Most of the 4-stars flame out. Some of them go on to stardom, tis true, but most don't. There are intangibles, things that can't be measured with a stopwatch: Heart. Drive. Poise. Character. A 5-Star prima donna who becomes a lockerroom cancer is hardly a recruiting win in the long run, whereas the 3-star kid you passed over for him may well go on to be a star. Dissociating the "starsies" from actual observation and evaluation, and making honest assessments of the overall package is where we have been lacking.

Xs and Os are another matter, as is player execution, as is team poise, etcetera. Our Staff is failing at each of those levels as well. Stevie Wonder could see it...

It's always better to have bigger, stronger, faster players but when the Kansas State QB runs a draw and goes 40 yards without anyone even getting close to him, that has nothing to do with whether you have 1-star or 5-star players. Those kind of total breakdowns used to almost never happen to GP teams, now they are almost a weekly occurrence. That's just the defense. And then you get an illegal substitution penalty on the first play of the game because your best offensive lineman apparently wasn't supposed to be in the game and didn't know it.

Stuff like that is as discouraging as anything, just completely amateur mistakes that kind of let you know that something isn't right.

LVH

Keep yawning as old guard like you watches this thing crater and the Armed Forces Bowl becomes your highlight of the year.

Where the scheiss were you last week? Sitting on threads to bump that you were unable to last week. Go the scheiss somewhere else if you are just here to [ Finebaum ] all over our team without constructive criticism.

You were one of the idiots saying we were going 3-9