• The KillerFrogs

2023-2024 European Football Thread

Purp

Just watched the last 20 minutes of the U-17s against Senegal. A 1-1 draw got out of hand quickly. We suck at that level too. Happy for Pulisic. He's got so much potential. Glad to see him make strides at fulfilling it.

Chongo94

I’m honestly stunned. Essentially the equivalent of a 5 star football recruit from Norman who’s mom went to OU picking TCU over the Sooners.

Same. Cannot fathom his decision making process but sure would like to know and definitely not looking a gift horse in the mouth on this one.

Eight

Same. Cannot fathom his decision making process but sure would like to know and definitely not looking a gift horse in the mouth on this one.

on the most basic level opportunity as moose points out and i do think the success christian and sargent are having this year in europe have to get his attention.

good players like playing with other good players and both guys are very exciting.

i do think the usmnt is at a critical point about the direction under gregg. he wants to put in place a sophisticated system that takes a great deal of time and in all honesty he has never had continuous success with as a manager.

that stye of play works for barca and spain because of the role the dutch played in the development of the club and bringing the academy system to spain.

we don't have that in the us and he will never had the time it takes with the national team to put the system in place.

the us needs a manager who can meld a system to the skills of the players, can tactically prepare a team, and make adjustments, but i could be all wrong

Chongo94

Anyone watching the Carabao Cup games this week? CHE v MU tomorrow. Round of 16.

Are these even on US tv?

I’m probably in the minority but I can’t stand cup weekends. I used to think it was neat but now when you have even some Championship teams fielding 2nd and 3rd choice players I’m just kinda meh about it.

Give me league games or champions/Europa league games.

Chongo94

Ouch @tcujsauce

Also, I realize these scores will probably change but at the moment Villa is up on Liverpool and Southampton are up on Man City....

Edit: Man City is now up 2-1. And Liverpool of course comes back to win as well.

Last edited:

dawg

And naturally, Arsenal give up a goal in the last 20 minutes of the game.

Sadly, I watched the 2nd half waiting for them to blow it. Sigh...Same ol Arsenal. Rise up to third, then promptly diarrhea down their legs against sides they should easily defeat.

#KroenkeOut