• The KillerFrogs

TCU-BU on 7 day hold...no night game

ftwfrog

It doesn’t matter if it’s the best game of the weekend, or if it’s two highly ranked team. There’s no need to get upset over “night game” or “11am” any more.

The best game of the week has been at 11am many times this year (OU/TX; Ohio State/Wisconsin; Iowa/Michigan-both teams were top15).

Also, seems as though some of the more spare Big12 games have been at night. See last week, TT/KU was the worst matchup of the Big12slate. I also remember a few weeks ago, KState/OSU (not a great matchup at the time) was a night game, but not even on TV. Ask OU. They’ve been top 5 all season and played every game at 11am. They lose one game, and now they finally get a scheduled night game.

Austintxfrog94

Other than the option of being drunkest what is the reason for wanting a night game? I can maybe see having a daytime kid's event being one of the few other reasons. Just curious

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I can’t believe
Other than the option of being drunkest what is the reason for wanting a night game? I can maybe see having a daytime kid's event being one of the few other reasons. Just curious
Because Phil Collins didn’t sing a haunting melody about feeling it coming in the air this early afternoon. Because they didn’t name the band Morning Ranger. Because Bob Seger never once worked on his Mid-day Moves.

Mean Purple

Now and forever and unto ages of ages, amen.
Well, you'll find this interesting. Listening to Holly Rowe on the Big 12 Today on Big 12 Sirius XM radio. She mentioned an issue for bu, still. She said everywhere she goes outside of Waco, when baylor is mentioned, there is a lot of backlash because of the whole rape u crime coverup scumbag [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] they pulled. Seems a lot of people are still ticked that they have not been punished for it.

Wexahu

The atmosphere of a night game is awesome.

But for personal, selfish reasons, I prefer the 2:30 kick.

2:30 games after daylight savings ends aren’t a whole lot different than night games IMO. The games that start in the sun and end in the dark are kinda cool, maybe even a better atmosphere than night games. And you get home before midnight. I’d rather tailgate in daylight anyway.

Last edited:
11am is where FOX puts its first pick. But they have picked all Big 10 games so far this year for that slot except for Texas-OU. That game this week is Nebraska-Purdue if you really want to laugh, and then Ohio State-Maryland the week after. They really like the Big 10.
I wouldn't disagree that they really value the Big 10 relative to the their Big 12 "partners" but when it comes to 11:00 am games, I would be happy to have the continue to value them if it meant us and other Big 12 teams avoiding the 11:00 am games. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work that way as there are usually still at least two 11:00 am Big 12 games on FS1 and one of the ESPN's.

WhatTheFrog

And? I'm guessing you feel entitled to stay in the parking lot all night? How different is it when the game ends at 10pm at night? Admit it, you prefer to get wasted before the game. Just saying.
I can stay at my spot as long as I want, so long as I'm gone by 8am Sunday.

I'm hoping for a 2:30 game that week. Tailgate before and after! I'll get fat!

netty2424

Well, you'll find this interesting. Listening to Holly Rowe on the Big 12 Today on Big 12 Sirius XM radio. She mentioned an issue for bu, still. She said everywhere she goes outside of Waco, when baylor is mentioned, there is a lot of backlash because of the whole rape u crime coverup scumbag [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] they pulled. Seems a lot of people are still ticked that they have not been punished for it.
If it hasn’t happened yet, it won’t ever happen. NCAA is spineless.