• The KillerFrogs

Rewatching the game has made one thing clear

Ron Swanson

Need to change it to more like NFL. Scoring plays automatically reviewed. Others have to be initiated by coaches.
I have very little confidence in our coaching staff at being good at that.

Gary Patterson is a football genius who knows more about the game than all of us combined, but I promise you I would be better than he would be at knowing when to throw a challenge flag.

Last edited:

SwissArmyFrog

The 15 yard facemask against us - 4th quarter, I think - didn't look correct from the stands. When I watched the replay on the big screen, it showed the actual facemask wasn't grabbed. It was a bit of a brutal tackle, but the facemask wasn't grasped, let alone used to turn the helmet.

robbroyy

I have very little confidence in our coaching staff at being good at that.

Gary Patterson is a football genius who knows more about the game then all of us combined, but I promise you I would be better than he would be at knowing when to throw a challenge flag.
We also have a better vantage point from the stands or TV than he does on the sidelines. Coaches have to have complete trust in the person up top whether to challenge or not. I feel like Kelsey would be the only person on the planet he’d be willing to go off a recommendation with blind faith like that.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Cooper Castleberry was the head refs’ name. A Lufkin boy who can still go 350 off the tee. Very, very distinguished in the business and a great human being. Retiring after this year so you won’t have him to kick around anymore. BTW he don’t care what you think.
Do I remember that he has a connection to Tech? Son, perhaps?