• The KillerFrogs

Rewatching the game has made one thing clear

PurpleBlood87

Big 12 officiating is awful.

Missed the facemask on Duggan in the end zone and a clear hold by a Texas personal protector on the punt. He just tackled the rusher on punt. If he hadn't done it the punt might have been blocked.

Ron Swanson

There were a couple missed calls, but they're human. I would rather them miss calls than have them throw flags on questionable penalties. There were multiple times I expected pass interference flags to come flying in to save UT drives, but they held them in their pocket and let em play for the most part.

I actually thought this was one of the better officiated Big 12 games I’ve watched.

Moose Stuff

There were a couple missed calls, but they're human. I would rather them miss calls than have them throw flags on questionable penalties. There were multiple times I expected pass interference flags to come flying in to save UT drives, but they held them in their pocket and let em play for the most part.

I actually thought this was one of the better officiated Big 12 games I’ve watched.

One definite PI on TMW on an early 3rd down that didn’t get called.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Why did every replay take 5 minutes?
I wondered about that too. It seems like in the old days they had a full size TV out there with sideboards to block out the sun and even an extra black hood to throw over the referees head so he could clearly see details. Now he seems like he’s looking a smart phone screen no burger than my phone.

I thought they overlooked a considerable amount of holds on the UT O line, especially late in the game but the way they let the TCU D backs play kind of made up for it

Froggish

I’m now squarely on the kill replay bandwagon and I don’t care if it means an even hire rate of error..It’s making football along with most sports unbearable to watch.

Yes official suck and it does seem worse in the B12

flyfishingfrog

The fumble on the kick return, when his hand was clearly down... Call was soooooo bad.
Not sure how accurate this is but a guy that sits below us was a former official and said it was a fumble because the ball didn’t hit the ground and your hand/risk touching doesn’t mean you are down - that is how guys can catch their fall by putting a hand down and keep running

He said if any part of the ball or any other part of his body- forearm, elbow, etc had hit than he would have been down before the fumble

ECoastFrog

Not sure how accurate this is but a guy that sits below us was a former official and said it was a fumble because the ball didn’t hit the ground and your hand/risk touching doesn’t mean you are down - that is how guys can catch their fall by putting a hand down and keep running

He said if any part of the ball or any other part of his body- forearm, elbow, etc had hit than he would have been down before the fumble

Yep, that's pretty much how the TV announcers explained it as well. It was a fumble.

HFrog1999

I’m now squarely on the kill replay bandwagon and I don’t care if it means an even hire rate of error..It’s making football along with most sports unbearable to watch

I agree. The reviews happen too often and take too long. It kills the atmosphere and momentum in games. TV timeouts already make the games last too long, replay makes it even worse.