• The KillerFrogs

Looking at you Cumbie, offense

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The Texas defense is being challenged this week after giving up 48 to Kansas. This season only Rice and La. Tech have not been able to score at least 30 points on Texas' defense.

Even with a true freshman at QB, we should be able to start faster and score more, use all of our weapons.

We can't wait for the second half to start playing well. You have to get us moving the chains, controlling clock, establishing the run and score early to keep their offense off the field.

I sense more and more fans are frustrated by you and the offense. It seems you can't figure out what you want this offense to be. This is not the week to have any questions or hold anything back. We need explosive plays other than our QB scrambling or running draws.

This week possibly determines your future at TCU.

Beat Texas.

Froggish

The Texas defense is being challenged this week after giving up 48 to Kansas. This season only Rice and La. Tech have not been able to score at least 30 points on Texas' defense.

Even with a true freshman at QB, we should be able to start faster and score more, use all of our weapons.

We can't wait for the second half to start playing well. You have to get us moving the chains, controlling clock, establishing the run and score early to keep their offense off the field.

I sense more and more fans are frustrated by you and the offense. It seems you can't figure out what you want this offense to be. This is not the week to have any questions or hold anything back. We need explosive plays other than our QB scrambling or running draws.

This week possibly determines your future at TCU.

Beat Texas.

Im pretty sure his future has been determined. Barring a miracle late season turnaround I can’t fathom GP being able to stick with him.. The backlash would be crazy

LeagueCityFrog

Purple Indians who paid TCU big money to watch enjoyable football on their weekends getting restless.

TCU Total Defense #11 in the US

TCU Passing Offense #96 in the US

These TCU assistant coaches need to realize that the coaching grass doesn't get much greener outside cushy Fort Worth and they need to motivate their players to play harder and smarter or they are about to get the axe.

berryfrog95

Gary hates Texas as much or more than any of us. He’ll have the team ready and Likely will be on the same page with Cumbie Saturday.

whether that results in a win remains to be seen, but I expect TCUs best effort of the year.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Top, based on the plain evidence we've seen over the past couple of years, what makes you think that Sonny can:

1.) Formulate a Game Plan that A.) Exploits the weaknesses of the opponent, B.) Puts our kids in positions to succeed.

I sat here writing other points, and realized that he hasn't yet even completed Item 1 in any game so far. (Maybe Kansas, but that gets an asterisk because they just laid down and died.)

UT has a defense that is somewhat broken. We ought to be able to exploit this. They are short on defenders and running the players they have ragged will open up the later stages of the game. Will we do this? Expect a bunch of dive plays...

JockO de Frog

I would be shocked if Texas doesn’t load the box and bring the house every play. They’ll sell out on the run and make Max beat them over the top.
You are absolutely right and Max will not beat them over the top. He just doesn't have what it takes to do that. ( and I'm not talking about the receivers)

Wexahu

These TCU assistant coaches need to realize that the coaching grass doesn't get much greener outside cushy Fort Worth and they need to motivate their players to play harder and smarter or they are about to get the axe.

I think they are doing the best they can. This has got to be killing them. But it's a results oriented business and they are making a ton of money, time to get results or be gone. The get results part of that might have already passed them by, I think we've got more than a couple lame duck coaches at this point.

Mean Purple

Ok, @Eight @CountryFrog and @Wexahu , y'all always get pretty in depth on analysis (and you counter my bit :)). So I would appreciate your thoughts on something. Luginbill was on Packer and Durham (SXM Radio ACC and ACC Network) this morning. They were talking about a team that, at the start of the season, I thought was in a similar situation to us personel wise (NC State0. Now, offense has shown to struggle and there are questions at qb. Lugs wondered if it was one of those situations where one qb could have been lights out in practice and the other qb was so so. Then when it was 11 on 11 and the bullets start flying, the guy who was better in practice was not so hot and the other qb could actually get it done.

Got me to thinking: We always heard how Turp showed up better in games than in practice. Soooo, regarding the big question on many folks minds (Why have we not seen Michael Collins way more?); Anybody think this could be an issue where the other two look better in practice, but in game speed, maybe Collins would be better? (Which would mean it would be very hard to tell, given limited game tme, and an even bigger gamble for coaching staff to make that call.)

netty2424

You are absolutely right and Max will not beat them over the top. He just doesn't have what it takes to do that. ( and I'm not talking about the receivers)
Maybe this is the game that clicks and the legend begins. What better program to kick start that story off against!!

Mean Purple

Maybe this is the game that clicks and the legend begins. What better program to kick start that story off against!!
I keep going back and forth. There are times when he can't get it to the endzone, but those also seem to be times when the play calling raises questions. As in, "why did we just take our foot off the gas?" Then there are times when they turn him loose and he tears it up. But the play calling seems to make more sense. So which came first? (which is the result of which?)

netty2424

I keep going back and forth. There are times when he can't get it to the endzone, but those also seem to be times when the play calling raises questions. As in, "why did we just take our foot off the gas?" Then there are times when they turn him loose and he tears it up. But the play calling seems to make more sense. So which came first? (which is the result of which?)
Yah I don’t really know. Someone mentioned that he ran tempo in high school so maybe the slower pace doesn’t get him into a rhythm???

As for the play calling, who scheissing knows what Cumbie has going on. I’ve given up trying to figure him out.

Wexahu

Ok, @Eight @CountryFrog and @Wexahu , y'all always get pretty in depth on analysis (and you counter my bit :)). So I would appreciate your thoughts on something. Luginbill was on Packer and Durham (SXM Radio ACC and ACC Network) this morning. They were talking about a team that, at the start of the season, I thought was in a similar situation to us personel wise (NC State0. Now, offense has shown to struggle and there are questions at qb. Lugs wondered if it was one of those situations where one qb could have been lights out in practice and the other qb was so so. Then when it was 11 on 11 and the bullets start flying, the guy who was better in practice was not so hot and the other qb could actually get it done.

Got me to thinking: We always heard how Turp showed up better in games than in practice. Soooo, regarding the big question on many folks minds (Why have we not seen Michael Collins way more?); Anybody think this could be an issue where the other two look better in practice, but in game speed, maybe Collins would be better? (Which would mean it would be very hard to tell, given limited game tme, and an even bigger gamble for coaching staff to make that call.)

I have no idea what's going on but if I had to guess Collins just isn't getting much of a chance because he wasn't a prize recruit, and I think there is at least a subconscious effort to appeal to kids that are being highly recruited, and part of that is giving them every opportunity to play. I think that's probably why Robinson beat out Collins last year. I don't understand the Delton thing. I'm convinced that GP just loves the guy. He was kind of the same way with Pachall and Boykin....those two were basically jackasses off the field during most of their time here and GP always went out of his way to defend them, both on and off the field.

Not much of an answer but I'm as confused as anyone. Delton has gotten his opportunity and really done nothing with it, and Collins has at the very least shown he's got at least a little something and some potential. As to your original point, i doubt practice has much to do with it, the QB play has been bad enough that I think they'd have tried anything if there weren't alterior motives involved.

Last edited: