• The KillerFrogs

Overall coaching thread...

Chongo94

Been running through reading many of the threads and many seem to be having debates over a common theme. Thought it might help to have one general thread regarding that theme to coalesce things and clean things up a bit.

So maybe here we can discuss all the concerns and debates about the coaching issues, whether it be staff and personnel decisions/concerns, talent development or lack thereof, playcall craziness, open defense in the middle of the field, whatever.

Chongo94

Poor third base coaching leads to too many outs on the base paths.

Haha, deserved.

What I meant was naturally more football repeated but sure, let’s do ALL COACHING.

Seriously though, One of my minor issues that did crop up yesterday is that this staff doesn’t really seem to put the players in the best position to succeed. As evidenced, Max has struggled mightily with the long ball so far and really did yesterday....Why not call and design plays more within his current wheelhouse?

Or even Delton, we have 3-4 years of evidence that he can’t pass well, so when they bring him in, they pass 2 out of 3 plays and go nowhere.

I just don’t understand why we seem to not play to the supposed strengths of our players sometime? Can Max not complete a slant or what? And if the wrs can’t catch, is it because we’re recruiting the wrong wrs or we can’t coach them up better?

wilson912

Unfortunately Gary appears to be one of those guys that thinks what worked in the past will work in the future, if only it's done with more frequency/intensity. . . So now he will go from cranking it to 11, to cranking it to 11.5, doing the same [ steaming pile of Orgeron ].
You’re right

Froggish

GP is a one degree of separation guy...When he fires Cumbie this off season, he will replace him with a guy already on staff Thomsen or Luper (both will be a Mistake) , bring back Meachum (again a Mistake), or a guy that is one degree of separation from someone already on staff (I’m not sure who). There will not be a truly new blood of a hire because as I’ve maintained all along, anyone with any skins on the wall will want to bring in his own staff.