• The KillerFrogs

Ungrateful

All the talk about getting a new head coach should really stop. All you spoiled ungrateful snowflakes need to shut your mouth. Coach P. is the program. He built it brick by brick and in the process created a revenue stream for our university that surpasses our wildest expectations. The national visibility the football program brings to our university, helps drive private funding for research and scholarships. The ascension of TCU is an epic feat that should have learned our loyalty. If the university even hints about getting ride of Gary my donations and many others will stop.

AroundWorldFrog

All the talk about getting a new head coach should really stop. All you spoiled ungrateful snowflakes need to shut your mouth. Coach P. is the program. He built it brick by brick and in the process created a revenue stream for our university that surpasses our wildest expectations. The national visibility the football program brings to our university, helps drive private funding for research and scholarships. The ascension of TCU is an epic feat that should have learned our loyalty. If the university even hints about getting ride of Gary my donations and many others will stop.
Unless you joined the thread as a threat because you're one of the top donors, go pound sand.

Wait, you joined 2 weeks ago and waited to make that your first post? lmao

robbroyy

Changes are simple:

1) Find a WR coach that teaches WRs to catch the ball in traffic consistently.

2) Change his defensive scheme so the middle of the field isn’t left wide open

Baja Frog

Yeah we'll all of that is going away based on our current trajectory. Living in the past is what got us the 70's, 80's and 90's (minus a couple of years)

Frogs1983

Been going to TCU games since 1968, so I have seen both the " Dark Period" and the "re-Birth" of TCU Football. That being said, it is obvious Gary needs to make changes, either to his staff, approach/preparation, or both, Bad season last year. Shaping up to a bad season this year too. Sorry, I lived through the 1-10, 2-9, 3-8 period. It is not acceptable to go back to this again!

Gary needs to adapt to the times, keep up with he influx of younger Coaches coming in and their innovations , or get out. I am sorry, but 20 years as the "Savior" of TCU football does not excuse what has transpired with this program the last 2 years.

Since TCU wants to be a "Big Time" Football program with the Ticket, Parking, Suites, etc pricing that comes with it, it is not expecting too much to put a competitive product on the field. Mediocrity is no longer acceptable at TCU,I lived through 30 years of it already.

jake102

Have to turn this thing around. It’s far worse than I ever thought could happen. This isn’t 2013 bad (not to mention we are firmly many years into Big 12 recruiting)

LisaLT

If donations are based on the success of the football program, then your argument is flawed. Won’t donations and interest start to dry up if the program fails to meet expectations? I don’t know if the answer is a major coaching upheaval, but at some point this may become a much more serious conversation.

I think it’s because of the success that the program has achieved that there is even more scrutiny on Patterson. Look at other top programs - ie LSU who got rid of Les Miles who actually won a National title. After a few years of not meeting program expectations bye bye Les. 10 win seasons were not ok with them.

Should back to back 6 win seasons be ok for us (we will be fortunate to get 6 wins this year) without some debate on what is wrong from a coaching perspective? Maybe it’s a change in offensive coaching personnel - maybe it’s more. I don’t know. I do know that before anyone truly advocates early retirement for GP we’d have to have multiple sub .500 seasons. At that point, you won’t have fans in the stands to support the team which is a GP hot button.

I like GP. I think he is a tremendous coach and TCU is lucky to have him. I do believe he needs an equally talented offensive mind and staff to run our offense and develop these young players. Max is doing his very best - the kid is taking hits and running for his life trying to make plays. It looks like no one is working with him on his throwing mechanics or reading defenses or timing. We’re 6 games in now. Who’s supposed to be doing that? Cumbie? Maybe we need a dedicated QB coach? Is there one?

I still don’t understand the non-use of any other QB not named Delton. There are many unanswered questions surrounding this offense it seems. But I digress.

Froggish

The program is in decline and the it’s falling pretty rapidly. If you are willing to claim GP single handedly built the program brick by brick then you must also be willing to admit its decline is his fault as well. You don’t get to claim one without claiming the other.

Frostie

Frostie highly approves this post!