• The KillerFrogs

Patterson Post Game Comments

froginmn

you really don't get it do you?

the issue isn't delton, it is finally after the offense gets something going and duggan shows some confidence you pull him and put in delton.

frogs then go 3 and out and never get back into sync offensively.

the switch made absolutely no sense. that is why you have people upset about the decision.
So you really think Duggan loses confidence because Delton goes in for three plays? After a drive where Duggan showed some confidence by throwing zero passes?

If that's true we have much bigger problems.

bc puckett

I hope coach is no loner the coach after this year. He has hindered our program these last two years. In no way is it ok for a team as talented as we are to not win that game. We were way better then then in every area, except coaching.
Not excusing obvious coaching issues but did it ever occur to you that maybe the “talent “ on this team may not be quite as good as everyone seems to think it is?

Eight

So you really think Duggan loses confidence because Delton goes in for three plays? After a drive where Duggan showed some confidence by throwing zero passes?

If that's true we have much bigger problems.

i think max is wondering what he did to get pulled from the game and considering how this season has gone and the comments made yes, i do think a young kid starts looking over his shoulder.

CountryFrog

Worth noting that the basketball program was just picked to finish last in the conference
I'm certainly not saying the basketball program is BETTER than the football program. Just that the football program used to be the thing carrying this entire athletic department and now we exit football season most years looking to basketball and baseball to pick up the slack, whether they actually do or not.

froginmn

i think max is wondering what he did to get pulled from the game and considering how this season has gone and the comments made yes, i do think a young kid starts looking over his shoulder.
If the kid is so fragile that he loses confidence when we put in another QB for three plays of an entire game after a touchdown drive when we do nothing but run, he should not be a college football player.

TRF51

Not excusing obvious coaching issues but did it ever occur to you that maybe the “talent “ on this team may not be quite as good as everyone seems to think it is?

not at all. We are faster bigger and stronger yet me will miss a bowl game. We have finished in the top 3 in recruiting the last 3 years. We are better and more talented then that team.

ifrog

I hope coach is no loner the coach after this year. He has hindered our program these last two years. In no way is it ok for a team as talented as we are to not win that game. We were way better then then in every area, except coaching.

Overreaction Saturday

4th. down

The comments about defense are just as bad. Called too many zoned blitzes. Just like he was too aggressive with Iowa State. And too aggressive with SMU. Well, here's an idea, stop doing that [ steaming pile of Orgeron ]! Learn from it. Realize teams have figured out your tendencies and are exploiting it. Change all your signs. Knock off the dumb stuff. Get knew assistants.

We will never get a CFP if Patterson won't make needed changes. Without a successful offensive coordinator, we have not really been all that good. Fran. Justin. Meach. the rest of the time is just up and down. And now more down.

"We will never get a CFP if Patterson won't make needed changes"

WHAT?

CFP, have you completely lost it? We are going to have to fight like hell to beat out Kansas for the bottom. In fact, Kansas would whip our ass now.

CountryFrog

I think both sides of this argument have legitimate points. In the grand scheme of the entire game, whether it was a bad decision or not, it still just amounted to 3 plays and 3 plays shouldn't have made much difference against this opponent. And at the same time you do wonder about the timing of some of these decisions.

Overall the thing I keep coming back to with the QB is that we shouldn't be in this position where we NEED a true freshman to be the guy but because of many different things that have gone wrong over the last few years at that position then here we are. I blame the coaches for that much more than occasionally removing a true freshman QB who has been very hot and cold throughout the year.

Chongo94

not at all. We are faster bigger and stronger yet me will miss a bowl game. We have finished in the top 3 in recruiting the last 3 years. We are better and more talented then that team.

Are we really? Why do you think this? I’m not trolling, I’m sincerely asking. Because the only reason we think this is because recruiting rankings tell us to.

But the actual product displayed on the field thus far indicates that this isn’t the case.

4th. down

I'm not talking about this season, I'm talking about long term. period.

Mean, I know what you were talking about. How bad does it have to get before any significant changes are made? 5 out of the last 8 yrs. in the Big 12 we have finished in the bottom half - yeah, down there with TT, Kansas, etc. We are going to struggle to get off the bottom. Forget that GP BS about he wants to win a NC before he retires - that's looney tunes.

froginmn

Are we really? Why do you think this? I’m not trolling, I’m sincerely asking. Because the only reason we think this is because recruiting rankings tell us to.

But the actual product displayed on the field thus far indicates that this isn’t the case.
I keep going back to the fact that our teams with less highly regarded athletes would beat the [ Finebaum ] out of this team.

Mean Purple

I think both sides of this argument have legitimate points. In the grand scheme of the entire game, whether it was a bad decision or not, it still just amounted to 3 plays and 3 plays shouldn't have made much difference against this opponent. And at the same time you do wonder about the timing of some of these decisions.

Overall the thing I keep coming back to with the QB is that we shouldn't be in this position where we NEED a true freshman to be the guy but because of many different things that have gone wrong over the last few years at that position then here we are. I blame the coaches for that much more than occasionally removing a true freshman QB who has been very hot and cold throughout the year.

I think everyone was pretty worried when we heard Collins had to go under the knife. Because the options became few.
I guess we can hold out hope that next year will be totally different, but no matter how the freshman plays, will Sonny have an offensive scheme that has an identity. It is hard to think that the game plans are just an issue because of the 2 qbs we are using.