• The KillerFrogs

An open letter to TCU Football

Limey Frog

Just to be clear, that’s not all what I was calling for in my OP.

I'm not calling for it, either. I'm just saying that we could hardly be surprised if it happened. It's clear that Max has abundant talent. It's also clear that our coaches right now have no idea how to develop talent.

froginmn

Are we really that more talented than KState? I mean we keep saying we are much more talented than them and others but I’m just not so sure. Going by recruiting rankings we may be but out on the field it appears we certainly aren’t.
Some keep saying that we need to get higher recruited players.

I wonder if we need to go back to the lower rated, hungrier players. Like Collins.

Mean Purple

Duggan showed a lot of improvement passing the 2nd half and the rush D was the best against k state aside from that long Qb run. No reason to be conservative the 1st half offensively next week especially considering theres not much too lose.
He has to show that improvement for a whole game, not when it is too later and followed up with more bad passes.

Dusty

I'm not calling for it, either. I'm just saying that we could hardly be surprised if it happened. It's clear that Max has abundant talent. It's also clear that our coaches right now have no idea how to develop talent.

Here is something to think about. Sonny Dykes, former offensive analyst at TCU, is now the HC at SMU. SMU threw for 457 yards today. Think about that for a minute. SMU is 7-0 this year. How about we offer Sonny Dykes the OC position and let TCU have an offense again.

Pharm Frog

Are we really that more talented than KState? I mean we keep saying we are much more talented than them and others but I’m just not so sure. Going by recruiting rankings we may be but out on the field it appears we certainly aren’t.

O linemen getting pushed around, DEs nonexistent, wrs can’t get open or even separation most of the time, dbs getting blown by....either we are vastly overrating the supposed ability of our players, or we are absolutely atrocious at developing our talent.

I agree with this post and not simply because of the avatar although that does help. I’m still waiting to see all this “talent”. Maybe the coaching is obscuring the talent but I’m just not seeing all this abundance of talent being wasted.

OmniscienceFrog

On offense, we are absolutely atrocious at developing talent. No question. Look no further than that the highest rated recruit on our offense is behind a freshman QB developed by his dad, a transfer developed at Penn, a grad transfer that isn't really developed as a QB but played some football, and a walk-on transfer developed at UGA.
Ignorant

Froggish

Here is something to think about. Sonny Dykes, former offensive analyst at TCU, is now the HC at SMU. SMU threw for 457 yards today. Think about that for a minute. SMU is 7-0 this year. How about we offer Sonny Dykes the OC position and let TCU have an offense again.

Why would a guy leave a HC job for an OC position?

OmniscienceFrog

Blatant ignorance.