• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

CountryFrog

I wonder if any other schools have people acting in a dedicated role of "talent management," like an NFL GM. Seems like that would be a valuable contribution to any CFB team. We seem incredibly inconsistent at that function.
It's simple enough for coaches to watch a little film of transfers that you may be interested in or may be interested in you once they actually become available. Not nearly enough there for a full time job unless you're also going to put that person in charge of your entire recruiting evaluation, self scouting, and staff management the way NFL GM's are.

Eight

It's simple enough for coaches to watch a little film of transfers that you may be interested in or may be interested in you once they actually become available. Not nearly enough there for a full time job unless you're also going to put that person in charge of your entire recruiting evaluation, self scouting, and staff management the way NFL GM's are.

this is where a program with multiple analyst who are constantly breaking down film has an advantage.

look at the organizational charts for programs like texas, ou, bama, etc....and you will find a number of former coaches who spend a great deal of time breaking down film.

frogs don't need to be adding another thing on the plate of the coaches as i have been told the frogs staff is more involved in various parts of recruiting than other staffs.

Froggish

Not sure where to put, but just saw that true freshman Devin Bush (4-star cb from Louisiana) is transferring from Arkansas. The natives are becoming increasingly impatient with Chad Morris. I can't remember, did we recruit him out of high school? He sounds familiar.
He’s a NOLA kid so we might have. Connection to him

CryptoMiner

A few JUCO prospects at defensive positions that have unexpectedly become areas of need:

CB Emmanuel Appiah-Takyi 6-1/175 Monroe College originally from Oradell, NJ Bergen Catholic offers include Aub and Tenn

LB Torren Calhoun 6-3/225 Shasta College (Dec graduate) originally played at Arlington Martin

Last edited:

MinFrog

A few JUCO prospects at defensive positions that have unexpectedly become areas of need:

Emmanuel Appiah
6' corner?

giphy.gif

MTfrog5

I would guess TAMU wasn't exactly pushing for kids to come down and watch them get violated in a way that is illegal in 13 states by Bama.
I’ll add both parents went to A&M. They were pushing for a lot of their commits and targets to come with that being their top home game of the year.

Froggish

CB Emmanuel Appiah-Takyi 6-1/175 Monroe College originally from Oradell, NJ Bergen Catholic offers include Aub and Tenn

LB Torren Calhoun 6-3/225 Shasta College (Dec graduate) originally played at Arlington Martin

How do you think these things became “unexpected needs”? .They both seem quite expected to me....We are definitely going to need some kids who are physically ready to contribute next year