• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Chongo94

It is. But after it's released in theaters it will be available on Netflix a month or so later (IIRC).

Ok, had forgotten about the initial theater release.

Is it? Then I’ll probably watch it. Figured a Scorsese/DeNiro/Pacino/Pesci movie would be in theaters for a while. Though I suppose that model will change eventually.

Yeah, i find it really odd these days when they do it this way. I would’ve thought so as well, especially with all the buzz it seems to be garnering.

Eight

New Guy Ritchie movie. Looks like it’s right in his wheelhouse so I’m in.

watched snatch today and that is such a big hill for ritchie to climb again.

if the movie was just brick top and his lines it would be good, but holy crap the characters in that movie....

frankie four fingers
ari
the twins
gorgeous george
tommy
turkish
scheissing boris
the pikey
the three idiots
erroll
doug
rosenberg
and my favorite, tony

that is a mighty tall high for sir guy to conquer

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Watched Dauntless last night. Fairly nicely done, but very much a small scale indy film. Story was very basic, and it sort of fell apart as the time went on.

Worth it if you're a full-on history geek, but otherwise, eh.
That was my opinion just from the trailer.
Midway OTOH looks like greatness.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
The new Godzilla is a perfect example of a movie that you go and see at the theater as a summer matinee. It's definitely not great, but if you keep your expectations reasonable and want to see big ass monsters fight and shoot plasma beams at eachother on a giant screen with surround sound you should have a good time. Saw it with 4 friends and we all found it enjoyable.

I’d watch just for Vera, Millie & Ziyi - worth it.
Oh, and Sally too.

talor

Who plans to see The Irishman? (Nope, didn't look back to see if this has already been mentioned).
I think I will go see it in a theater. I know a couple places that are $6-7 which are comfortable. I didn't enjoy "Silence" from Scorcese, but generally his stuff has been solid.

I also redboxed the live action Aladdin over the weekend and enjoyed it. It's not fantastic but kinda a fun stroll down memory lane.

Chongo94

fan of guy pierce.

has a total recall, robocop, multitude of rebuilt wounded/dead soldier movies

Agreed.

And yeah, makes me kinda want to check out the comic now. Supposedly that publisher wants to do a whole movies universe on its comic library like DC and Marvel are doing.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Took the kids to see The Addams Family animated movie. Went into the theater with absolutely no expectations, and completely disliking the character design based on the trailers, but came away enjoying the film and impressed with the way the director and animators kept a lot of elements from the original TV series, including the pilot's plot of sending Wednesday and Pugsley to school (this time without the skittish truant officer). If you have kids I'd say this one is worth the price of a ticket and a bucket of popcorn, otherwise it's worth a watch when it hits Netflix.

Billy Clyde

Yep! Got an email from netflix about it today. It’s the first time they’ve sent me a “we’ve added a movie we think you’ll enjoy” email and been even remotely correct.

Weird, I watched that on Netflix about a week ago, after I kept getting hit with promo for it and realized it was Breaking Bad. Pretty good stuff.

EDIT: NM, didn't see the post date, thought it was today. Duh.

Billy Clyde

OK since I majorly dorked that up I'll try to add a positive contribution. Weekend before last, GF wanted to see, "Downton Abbey." Just don't . . .

Frog-in-law1995

Knives Out is a definite for us. Just got tix for Harriet tomorrow night. Some good stuff coming out this Winter. And of course taking the kiddo to see Episode 9 when it hits theaters.