• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

Eight

New Guy Ritchie movie. Looks like it’s right in his wheelhouse so I’m in.

about damn time...revolver, rocknrolla, lock, stock, and two smoking barrels, and snatch.

gold standard of british mobster movies with the only thing close being matthew vaughn's layer cake.

HFrog1999

Rip away if you want but I went to see "Downton Abbey" this morning and it was very good. Nice to see all the characters again.

giphy.gif

talor

Anyone see the most recent Godzilla movie and if so, was it any good?

It’s on ppv now and I was thinking of giving it a view. I know parts will be cheesy but the first one was halfway decent.

Saw it and was a little disappointed. The fight scenes were cool, but the rest of the it was ridiculous. The family dynamic in it made the whole thing dumb for me. Still, fight scenes were cool.

I was also a little disappointed in Rocket Man. The Queen movie was much better.

The new Godzilla is a perfect example of a movie that you go and see at the theater as a summer matinee. It's definitely not great, but if you keep your expectations reasonable and want to see big ass monsters fight and shoot plasma beams at eachother on a giant screen with surround sound you should have a good time. Saw it with 4 friends and we all found it enjoyable.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Watched Dauntless last night. Fairly nicely done, but very much a small scale indy film. Story was very basic, and it sort of fell apart as the time went on.

Worth it if you're a full-on history geek, but otherwise, eh.

tcudoc

The new Godzilla is a perfect example of a movie that you go and see at the theater as a summer matinee. It's definitely not great, but if you keep your expectations reasonable and want to see big ass monsters fight and shoot plasma beams at eachother on a giant screen with surround sound you should have a good time. Saw it with 4 friends and we all found it enjoyable.
Pretty close to the book too.

Ron Swanson

The wife and I are through 5 episodes of “Unbelievable” on Netflix.

Good so far. Fairly reminiscent of the Baylor and Waco Police Departments.

ftwfrog

Didn’t I make that exact same joke on here?
Did you?
My bad.

I don’t keep up with this thread too much and thought about saying something about Passion of the Christ being too predictable of an ending, but figured this would be a safer post. (And Pump was quite a quality movie)

Ron Swanson

Did you?
My bad.

I don’t keep up with this thread too much and thought about saying something about Passion of the Christ being too predictable of an ending, but figured this would be a safer post. (And Pump was quite a quality movie)
Haha, no need to apologize. I remember googling “Christian Slater movies” just looking for a terrible movie poster to respond with and came across that exact poster. I think it was on this thread.

Frog-in-law1995

Who plans to see The Irishman? (Nope, didn't look back to see if this has already been mentioned).

Probably not. Will wait for netflix to snag it. Haven’t really liked any of those guys in a leading role since about the turn of the century and never been a big Scorsese fan (except for Goodfellas, which was masterful).