• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Ron Swanson

How the hell do you get a job as a truck driver and then you don't know how to drive the scheissing truck?? Smh, it's going to be a long night.
Truck driving is similar to plumbing. No young people are getting into it and there is a shortage. A big part of it for truck-drivers is everyone sees the writing on the wall that a large percentage of trucks will be driven by AI within 10-15 years, so it’s a bad occupation to get into.

MTfrog5

How the hell do you get a job as a truck driver and then you don't know how to drive the scheissing truck?? Smh, it's going to be a long night.
Also goes farther than that every day for me with UPS and Fedex drivers. They are terrible especially these seasonal bulk people they hire.

Last edited:

HFrog1999

Dying breed.

We need more trucker movies

tenor.gif

netty2424

Truck driving is similar to plumbing. No young people are getting into it and there is a shortage. A big part of it for truck-drivers is everyone sees the writing on the wall that a large percentage of trucks will be driven by AI within 10-15 years, so it’s a bad occupation to get into.
Side note, AI is scary stuff. Some of the deep fake issues that will take over, job loss, etc.

I was meeting with customer by Cowboys HQ in Frisco yesterday. While waiting for the docs, I was looking out a window and noticed a helipad about a hundred yards from the building. Asked the admin if that was Jerruh Jones and she said it wasn’t. It was a new company that will land drone helicopters for transporting people throughout the metroplex. Essentially an Uber Helicopter with no pilot. No thanks!

Moose Stuff

I’ve come up with a pretty good rule over the last few years, I don’t get to tell other people what they can and cannot be offended by.

I’m not a man of color, I’m not Native American, I’m not a homosexual, transgendered or woman. So i can’t tell those folks to “lighten up” because I’ve never walked in their shoes.

I came up with a better rule. I’m pretty much offended by nothing and with some obvious exceptions I typically don’t give one rat’s ass about what the average human has decided to be offended by.

Moose Stuff

Wife of Moose Stuff teaches 6th grade. She would tell you that 3-4 kids in every class she has would be better served taking a couple hours of classes in the morning and then spending each afternoon learning a trade..... plumbing, mechanic, electrician..... whatever.

HFrog1999

Side note, AI is scary stuff. Some of the deep fake issues that will take over, job loss, etc.

I was meeting with customer by Cowboys HQ in Frisco yesterday. While waiting for the docs, I was looking out a window and noticed a helipad about a hundred yards from the building. Asked the admin if that was Jerruh Jones and she said it wasn’t. It was a new company that will land drone helicopters for transporting people throughout the metroplex. Essentially an Uber Helicopter with no pilot. No thanks!

Was the Helipad labeled Skynet?

source.gif

Shorty

Not trying to get too political in the fun house but Andrew Yang is the only candidate I've seen addressing job loss to AI. It still remains "on the horizon" so to speak but it's hard to say how long we've got until there's a sudden and profound shift in employment.

Eight

Not trying to get too political in the fun house but Andrew Yang is the only candidate I've seen addressing job loss to AI. It still remains "on the horizon" so to speak but it's hard to say how long we've got until there's a sudden and profound shift in employment.

until? amazon has already replaced line workers in their shipping areas with machines as well as ups and fed ex.

there are still some big issues for driverless vehicles and i would imagine it is the same for air travel.