• The KillerFrogs

FWST: This 4-star defensive tackle who originally committed to LSU is now headed to TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog

This 4-star defensive tackle who originally committed to LSU is now headed to TCU

By Drew Davison

TCU landed a big-time commitment on Tuesday night.

Four-star defensive tackle Patrick Jenkins announced his intentions to join the Frogs. Jenkins recently de-committed from LSU. Jenkins made the announcement on Twitter.

Jenkins, who plays at John Ehret High in Marrero, Louisiana, just outside of New Orleans, is listed at 6-foot-2, 285 pounds. He is rated as a four-star prospect and the No. 28 defensive tackle recruit of his class by 247Sports.

Outside of LSU, Jenkins drew interest from other programs such as Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article235937407.html#storylink=cpy

This 4-star defensive tackle who originally committed to LSU is now headed to TCU

By Drew Davison

TCU landed a big-time commitment on Tuesday night.

Four-star defensive tackle Patrick Jenkins announced his intentions to join the Frogs. Jenkins recently de-committed from LSU. Jenkins made the announcement on Twitter.

Jenkins, who plays at John Ehret High in Marrero, Louisiana, just outside of New Orleans, is listed at 6-foot-2, 285 pounds. He is rated as a four-star prospect and the No. 28 defensive tackle recruit of his class by 247Sports.

Outside of LSU, Jenkins drew interest from other programs such as Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M.

Read more here: https://www.star-telegram.com/sport...niversity/article235937407.html#storylink=cpy

Is he "4 stars" because a dotcom with part time :"workers" said so? Or did a real coach or someone who actually gets paid to know college football say so? I will ask Drew myself. The star crap is getting old, and its credibility has long passed.

Eight

Is he "4 stars" because a dotcom with part time :"workers" said so? Or did a real coach or someone who actually gets paid to know college football say so? I will ask Drew myself. The star crap is getting old, and its credibility has long passed.

lsu wanted(s) him and they have a decent rep in knowing defensive talent

Limey Frog

I don't follow recruiting, so I've no idea what our class looks like. I care when they get on the field in purple/white/whatever awful junk we're wearing instead and start making plays. But whatever our class looks like, I hope they're all committed enough to not flinch at the 2019 Frogs finishing with eight losses, because that's where we're heading. In other words, hold your applause.

Ron Swanson

What an original and refreshing hot sports take.

Thank you 2314, as always, for your fantastic contributions to this site.

LSU Game Attendee

What an original and refreshing hot sports take.

Thank you 2314, as always, for your fantastic contributions to this site.

giphy.gif

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Plus Arkansas, Ole Miss, Tennessee and Texas A&M. I would say the stars are probably legit. He looks pretty good against the teams he is lining up against.

Moose Stuff

I don't follow recruiting, so I've no idea what our class looks like. I care when they get on the field in purple/white/whatever awful junk we're wearing instead and start making plays. But whatever our class looks like, I hope they're all committed enough to not flinch at the 2019 Frogs finishing with eight losses, because that's where we're heading. In other words, hold your applause.

You seem like a positive kind of guy.

Thank you. I would rather read something like that above than (wait for it Houston Frog wussy) some dotcom run by teeny bopper wannabes that puts those ridiculous and tiring "stars" behind a name. Let the teeny effs play with "stars." Am I the only person who feels that way?

Eight

Thank you. I would rather read something like that above than (wait for it Houston Frog wussy) some dotcom run by teeny bopper wannabes that puts those ridiculous and tiring "stars" behind a name. Let the teeny effs play with "stars." Am I the only person who feels that way?

i think there is definitely room to question the judgement of the services

Ron Swanson

No you are the first person who has ever voiced an opinion like this. Thank you again for your originality and hot sports opinions. You are a breath of fresh air

If your point is that not every player that has a certain star rating will live up to that potential, then I doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees. If you're also making the point that that production as an actual football player is at least equally relevant to mesurables that sometimes are factored into a player's star rating, then I doubt you'll get much argument. If you're suggesting that you still have to coach up and develop players, regardless of their star rating, then, again, I doubt you'll encounter any resistance. But, if you're suggesting that recruiting rankings do not over a period of time equate to a better result on the field, then you're not paying attention because the proof in in the pudding on that.

asleep003

This kid is one of the smarter ones. Figured out that Baton Rouge is a real Dump. Now if LSU was in Lafayette, then you're talking a different story. But still, there is much much less opportunity, for those that want a degree, in Louisiana than what is truly available for them in Texas.

Moose Stuff

If your point is that not every player that has a certain star rating will live up to that potential, then I doubt you'll find anyone who disagrees. If you're also making the point that that production as an actual football player is at least equally relevant to mesurables that sometimes are factored into a player's star rating, then I doubt you'll get much argument. If you're suggesting that you still have to coach up and develop players, regardless of their star rating, then, again, I doubt you'll encounter any resistance. But, if you're suggesting that recruiting rankings do not over a period of time equate to a better result on the field, then you're not paying attention because the proof in in the pudding on that.

Yep, it’s really not that hard. Treat the rating as a reflection of their present physical skills and their future POTENTIAL and not as some definitive judgement of what kind of college player they will be