• The KillerFrogs

DMN: Gary Patterson makes it clear: TCU's secondary was 'bad' against Iowa State

smufrogger

I'd recommend to everyone that they go spend 10-15 minutes watching some of the replay and just focus on the DE play. You will be absolutely shocked... like a HS kid lining up taking snaps
My adhd kicked in overdrive during the game and he was all I could focus on from the defense. It was the craziest thing - only thing close would be watching Darius try and block in the backfield for all offensive plays.

Wexahu

I'd recommend to everyone that they go spend 10-15 minutes watching some of the replay and just focus on the DE play. You will be absolutely shocked... like a HS kid lining up taking snaps

Wow. Just wow. When you're watching the game in real time you can easily miss stuff like that just following the ball. Not only like a HS kid, but a HS kid who doesn't really know what he's supposed to be doing out there. Not sure I've ever seen a guy get more easily blocked.....over and over and over. No wonder we couldn't stop a damn thing.

LVH

Wow. Just wow. When you're watching the game in real time you can easily miss stuff like that just following the ball. Not only like a HS kid, but a HS kid who doesn't really know what he's supposed to be doing out there. Not sure I've ever seen a guy get more easily blocked.....over and over and over. No wonder we couldn't stop a damn thing.

Against Iowa State the problem was getting off blocks so they could never be in the right position

SMU they were in the right position but couldnt tackle worth a damn

Froggish

DMN: Gary Patterson makes it clear: TCU's secondary was 'bad' against Iowa State

By Grant McGalliard

TCU head coach Gary Patterson took part in the weekly Big 12 media teleconference Monday, and the big takeaway is that he's not happy with how his secondary has performed.

The Horned Frogs gave up 436 yards of offense against Iowa State in a 49-24 loss Saturday. Brock Purdy, the Cyclones' sophomore quarterback, accounted for 349 of those, passing for 247 and running for 102 more. He also had four total touchdowns.

Despite the return of cornerback Julius Lewis to the secondary, TCU often looked lost in coverage against Iowa State. Patterson specifically called out his safeties in the teleconference, especially senior Vernon Scott.

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/t...patterson-makes-clear-tcus-secondary-bad-isu/

Typical of GP to find the nearest senior and blame them for all the problems

Froggy Style

Yeah, sadly, we seem to be bamboozled by this play or a rb out of the backfield getting open for years now.
This is because we waste DE that get no pressure. We should have LB or safeties squatting in the flats, but rather have 4 DL getting no pressure so wee also have to blitz a safety and maybe a LB. unfortunately, nobody left to cover the flats.

Bruce Berry

"We didn't get anything in the (Iowa State) ballgame that we didn't work on in practice. We've gotta do a better job of that."

Post game -"they did things in the QB run game we hadn't seen before."

Eight

This is because we waste DE that get no pressure. We should have LB or safeties squatting in the flats, but rather have 4 DL getting no pressure so wee also have to blitz a safety and maybe a LB. unfortunately, nobody left to cover the flats.

last year frogs had two de's who got drafted and they still couldn't cover the back out of the back field.

backs out of the back field and crossing routes.

TCUWIN

This was my main takeaway from the article....."in this defense you have to play a lot better if you want to be really good" - GP

As opposed to that other defense where you don't really have to play well to be really good? Can we start playing that defense?
I think our offense plays that defense often.

Latest posts