• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cyclones (Game Moved to 1PM)

PurpleBlood87

And panic has set in for the whole GP program and tenure. Geez. Instant gratification I suppose. You have no clue.

So which of those games will TCU be favored in?
Guessed you were satisfied with that display today.
How long are you willing to give Patterson to get this ship righted? Three years? Four years?

Pharm Frog

I can’t help but somehow think GP is going to take the easy way out and bring back Meachum..I think that would be a terrible move but Meachum is one of the few guys he can bring in and keep all his mediocre other coaches around

Was not going to post this but since you did I’ll just agree unless the pride thing is just too high of a hurdle to get over. Phather of Pharm said the same think earlier this evening.

Putt4Purple

Fortunately or not I have been going to games longer than you. Regardless. It is irrelevant. Emotionally judging a coach on a loss on game day is not psychology sound. We will be ok!

Wexahu

It's called stepping back and taking a look at the big picture. Perspective and longevity.

The big picture as I see it is we have a coach who is almost 60 who has already stated that he isn’t going to be doing this a whole lot longer.....and if he just wants to do it a few more years and he isn’t willing to shake things up that doesn’t bode well. We can’t afford to get complacent as a program and when you have a coach who knows he can’t lose his job and who might not be willing to change things that need changing that’s a problem. A big problem.

Putt4Purple

The big picture as I see it is we have a coach who is almost 60 who has already stated that he isn’t going to be doing this a whole lot longer.....and if he just wants to do it a few more years and he isn’t willing to shake things up that doesn’t bode well. We can’t afford to get complacent as a program and when you have a coach who knows he can’t lose his job and who might not be willing to change things that need changing that’s a problem. A big problem.

I'll concede that.

Christcu

Yes it is only a game. But then why build new suites and pay a coach millions of dollars. Problem is he might not turn it around. With realignment looming in three or four years that's not the time to be rebuilding while SMU might be just reloading.
Game has forever changed....its a Transfer Portal world....no allegiance required.

Farmfrog

I stayed away from the board this week because I feared the game would not go well. This team has talent but not nearly the amount that many on here believe. Our DE’s are flat out awful and the LB’s are inexperienced and small. Our OL is inconsistent and the wideouts don’t block or catch very well.

Let’s just try to get better every day and game.

asleep003

The record this early in the season is kind of irrelevant, We’ve played an FCS team, possibly the worst team in the Big 10 West, and the worst team in our conference. Those are the wins. Big deal. Too many listless performances, the team doesn’t play with anything near the edge they used to play with. That’s the most worrisome thing to me. That’s the hallmark of a stale program, listlessness within the program that carries over onto the field. See UT and OU in Mack and Stoops latter years.

OK, those 3 wins were not special competitive wins, but they were by large margins, that included a lot of bench players. Yes, Our losses were to a presently ranked team and one that has a QB that is 4th in total offense in the country.

The concern should be the leadership … at every level. Coaching and most of the player performance Stunk most of the day. But it was one game. Let's see where we are at the end of the season, amd what choices GP makes to improve the program.

Pharm Frog

OK, those 3 wins were not special competitive wins, but they were by large margins, that included a lot of bench players. Yes, Our losses were to a presently ranked team and one that has a QB that is 4th in total offense in the country.

The concern should be the leadership … at every level. Coaching and most of the player performance Stunk most of the day. But it was one game. Let's see where we are at the end of the season, amd what choices GP makes to improve the program.

Were you among those last year who said things like "Let's wait to see where we are at the end of the season?" And the commentary I'm reading and posting is most definitely not reflecting "one game".