• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cyclones (Game Moved to 1PM)

Froggish

He could bring Meach back next year and turn it around. But he should not get to coach forever like this. This is not an FCS or Group 5 team. This is a program that is supposed to compete.

Fans get delusional in that they start believing “competitive” equals 7-5 years with the occasional 9 W.....That’s the real problem. Expectations are either way to high or way to low. GP pulled us up by his boot straps because he never believed 8 wins was good enough. I’m not sure a program that recruits the way we do and hires as poorly as GP does can ever really challenge for a National Championship. But in my mind the expectation should be for us to get deep into the season with a chance at a conference title ....that’s competitive

DeuceBoogieNights

Our secondary in my opinion has played pretty well. The problem is our defensive line has no pass rush. Hard to cover when the QB has no fear of getting sacked.

Wallow has played as well as you can expect.

DTs are doing their job and taking up blockers with double teams.

Ultimately its up to the defensive ends to make plays and they aren't

We never have a pass rush unless we have an all American de. Blake, Hughes, fields, etc...

JimSwinkLives!

Sometimes [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] just gets stale. I watched it happen to Wayne Graham at Rice. I don’t know if that’s happening to us but I’ve seen things this year (and to some extent last year) that I can’t recall in the previous 20.

Every coach has a shelf life at the school where they've attained great success. Bobby Bowden, Mack Brown, Mark Richt, etc. Patterson is no exception. It's time to turn the page and move on.