• The KillerFrogs

Fury vs Schwarz

FBallFan123

I like how 12 security guards were within 3 seconds of where he was sitting...not staged whatsoever.

It’s definitely staged.

But what I love is it appears that FOX going all out to build up the potential Wilder-Fury rematch...(which is supposed to be a joint ESPN/FOX PPV).

Going so far as to have Fury, a boxer signed to promoter (Top Rank) on a rival network (ESPN), on one of their biggest events of the year...the debut of WWE.

Pretty great marketing for Fury and the fight...as long as Wilder wins the rematch against Ortiz.

I didn’t even watch the show...I just saw it mentioned on a boxing forum and found it tending on Twitter.

Both Top Rank and ESPN tweeting about it.

It’s good marketing. It helped Floyd once upon a time...

Last edited:

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
It’s definitely staged.

But what I love is it appears that FOX going all out to build up the potential Wilder-Fury rematch...(which is supposed to be a joint ESPN/FOX PPV).

Going so far as to have Fury, a boxer signed to promoter (Top Rank) on a rival network (ESPN), on one of their biggest events of the year...the debut of WWE.

Pretty great marketing for Fury and the fight...as long as Wilder wins the rematch against Ortiz.

I didn’t even watch the show...I just saw it mentioned on a boxing forum and found it tending on Twitter.

Both Top Rank and ESPN tweeting about it.

It’s good marketing. It helped Floyd once upon a time...

FOX really did go all out tonight. They had Cain Velasquez come out and fight with Brock Lesnar too. And the Rock was there (not Dewayne Jonhson). They had my attention tonight but let's see how long that lasts. Smackdown hasn't been interesting in forever.

Last edited:

FBallFan123

FOX really did go all out tonight. They had Cain Velasquez come out and fight with Brock Lesnar too. And the Rock was there (not Dewayne Jonhson). They had my attention tonight but let's see how long that lasts. Smackdown hasn't been interesting in forever.

I haven’t watched pro wrestling in a long time, but I have to admit, I did check out some of the AEW debut on TNT.

Didn’t know almost any of the wrestlers, but I liked hearing the voices of Jim Ross and Tony Schiavone.

I think it was mostly a nostalgia trip back to when I watched wrestling in the 90’s...but I kinda enjoyed it.

Seems like pro wrestling is having a moment right now...WWE debuts on FOX and AEW debuts on TNT the same week.