• The KillerFrogs

#BAYLORTEARS

Deep Purple

"HGTV stars Chip and Joanna Gaines announced on Thursday their next steps to help transform Waco, Tex., into a tourist destination: the 2021 opening of their own boutique hotel."
Chip and Joanna must have tired of assured prosperity and are now getting off on the thrill of high-risk venture capitalism. How else to explain their belief that Waco can be transformed into a "tourist destination"?

Perhaps they'll also open hotels in Baghdad, Beirut, and Aleppo.

Froginbedford

Chip and Joanna must have tired of assured prosperity and are now getting off on the thrill of high-risk venture capitalism. How else to explain their belief that Waco can be transformed into a "tourist destination"?

Don't sleep on Archer City, Big Spring, and Clyde....

Chongo94

Never driven that. Is is worse than Odessa to Wichita Falls? Can't imagine many things are.

Yikes, that sounds very awful. However, I will point out that going from Odessa to Wichita Falls, I believe you would get the benefit of the scenery that direction...although you wouldn’t see any of it until Haskell I’m guessing. Now going back to Odessa, that sounds like a really bad drive.

You can truly see the landscape stop on one side of Big Spring. It becomes immediately flat and stays that way, devoid of trees for the most part, the rest of the way.

Mean Purple

It is really about marketing for them. Someone else will likely bankroll that hotel ... and eat it in the end. Ole Ship and Hoanna are just marketing. Reminds me of that scene in Scrooged when Bill Murray's character and his bro are walking down the street and some corner performer has a crowd going. "Oh, nice, rip off the hicks why don't ya"

YA

It is really about marketing for them. Someone else will likely bankroll that hotel ... and eat it in the end. Ole Ship and Hoanna are just marketing. Reminds me of that scene in Scrooged when Bill Murray's character and his bro are walking down the street and some corner performer has a crowd going. "Oh, nice, rip off the hicks why don't ya"
same thing trump does on most of his branded properties--well he used too and is losing money now

tcudoc

I wouldn’t underestimate Chip and Joanna’s popularity. People travel from around the country to Austin and other cities and make the drive to Waco to stand in line for their restaurant and store. It is mind boggling because it is just a tourist trap. Yet they still show up. We’ll see how long it lasts.

Brog

They'll make Waco a tourist destination? Why not find a cure for cancer and take care of global warming (if it exists) and find an end to the war in Afghanistan at the same time. Would be helpful.

netty2424

I wouldn’t underestimate Chip and Joanna’s popularity. People travel from around the country to Austin and other cities and make the drive to Waco to stand in line for their restaurant and store. It is mind boggling because it is just a tourist trap. Yet they still show up. We’ll see how long it lasts.
Celebritynetworth.com has their net worth listed at $20mil. Actually would’ve guessed more.