• The KillerFrogs

Kansas won’t be a cakewalk

4th. down

Win now, or what? TCU cancels football? Sounds like worrying for worry’s sake.

I'm not an inside alum but I do know a person who gets very reliable info. from the inside and he says that Sonny is gone after this season of his own accord.

To me, this is not worrying for worrying sake, because Offensive CO is important. GP needs to decide what type of offensive he wants to run and then go and hire a CO who can and will implement it. If Sonny does in fact leave, this hire would be huge IMO. I believe GP is drifting toward a Riley type of offense less the Heisman quarterbacks, which in my mind is similar to the former Baylor offense when you know who was there.

Wexahu

I'm not an inside alum but I do know a person who gets very reliable info. from the inside and he says that Sonny is gone after this season of his own accord.

To me, this is not worrying for worrying sake, because Offensive CO is important. GP needs to decide what type of offensive he wants to run and then go and hire a CO who can and will implement it. If Sonny does in fact leave, this hire would be huge IMO. I believe GP is drifting toward a Riley type of offense less the Heisman quarterbacks, which in my mind is similar to the former Baylor offense when you know who was there.

That offense you speak of was almost entirely dependent on going up-tempo. When they slowed down, they weren't effective. I don't see it. If we switch, I would guess it would be to more of a run-based spread with more roll outs and single-read type stuff than what we are seeing now. The dropping back in the pocket scanning the field and finding open receivers philosophy, it seems to be a big challenge in finding QBs who can execute it.

4th. down

That offense you speak of was almost entirely dependent on going up-tempo. When they slowed down, they weren't effective. I don't see it. If we switch, I would guess it would be to more of a run-based spread with more roll outs and single-read type stuff than what we are seeing now. The dropping back in the pocket scanning the field and finding open receivers philosophy, it seems to be a big challenge in finding QBs who can execute it.

GP has not said it that I am aware of, but I believe he would prefer a Briles type offense and Riley's is similar. GP, being the HC, should have the type of Offensive CO that he wants. When Meach/Sonny were hired, he wanted points anyway we could get them but now, when Reagor/Barber combine for 2 yds. out of the Air raid, it's time to move on. Our concept of the Air raid is broke, and I don't think GP is interested in fixing it beginning in Spring ball.

Limey Frog

They come in No. 15 in the country in yards per play at 6.8. The frogs are 82nd at 5.1. SMU is 28th at 6.3.

They haven’t converted a lot in the red zone for TDs 8/13) and have 8 turnovers. 4 INTs and 4 fumbles.

we all remember that RB Pooka from last year. If our guys don’t come to play they can easily get beat for the 2nd year in a row

Meanwhile, we are 124th in pass efficiency, ahead of UNLV, South Alabama, UTSA, Ga Southern, Wyoming, and Northwestern. Air Raid, baby!

https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/465/p3