• The KillerFrogs

Kansas won’t be a cakewalk

CountryFrog

This is odd coming from you. SMU is better than Kansas and all last week you were saying how it was almost silly for a fan to be concerned about the SMU game.
Once Gary decides to put me in at QB then I'll be worried. Fans being worried about taking opponents seriously is as silly as the players worrying about something at my job being taken seriously.

But who knows, maybe my lack of worry last week is why we fumbled three times. Max saw that ole CountryFrog had no respect for SMU and decided he'd just play Fortnite all week instead of preparing for the game.

Wexahu

Once Gary decides to put me in at QB then I'll be worried. Fans being worried about taking opponents seriously is as silly as the players worrying about something at my job being taken seriously.

But who knows, maybe my lack of worry last week is why we fumbled three times. Max saw that ole CountryFrog had no respect for SMU and decided he'd just play Fortnite all week instead of preparing for the game.

I get it. But if you don't think fans being less than enthusiastic about a game and taking a game for granted doesn't seep into a player's mindset during the week, I think you're crazy. Players are human, they aren't robots. We hear it every time we play like crap against an FCS team....well, they weren't really up for the game but once a good team comes in here they'll be more focused and ready to play.

Coaches telling a team they better be ready is one thing, I imagine they do it every week for every opponent. But if I'm a player and I'm walking around campus all week hearing that the game coming up is a foregone conclusion because the opponent sucks and isn't worthy, then chances are I'm not going to be as ready to play as I should be.

CountryFrog

I get it. But if you don't think fans being less than enthusiastic about a game and taking a game for granted doesn't seep into a player's mindset during the week, I think you're crazy. Players are human, they aren't robots. We hear it every time we play like crap against an FCS team....well, they weren't really up for the game but once a good team comes in here they'll be more focused and ready to play.

Coaches telling a team they better be ready is one thing, I imagine they do it every week for every opponent. But if I'm a player and I'm walking around campus all week hearing that the game coming up is a foregone conclusion because the opponent sucks and isn't worthy, then chances are I'm not going to be as ready to play as I should be.
Well lucky for the team I'm not walking around campus telling people how much Kansas sucks, so crisis averted.

Mean Purple

This is odd coming from you. SMU is better than Kansas and all last week you were saying how it was almost silly for a fan to be concerned about the SMU game.
It is even more odd given his comments about Kansas a couple of weeks ago. Which is why I am guessing maybe it was sarcasm.

CountryFrog

It is even more odd given his comments about Kansas a couple of weeks ago. Which is why I am guessing maybe it was sarcasm.
Sorry, I'll try to have more respect for the ACC as well for being an incredibly strong football conference. It's just a murderers row week after week for Clemson.

There's some sarcasm for you. Hopefully no Clemson players are reading this or they will probably lose their next ACC game as a result.

4th. down

Big Head and Rat Poison by Nick Saban. We have some players that would fall into this category.

The trend over the past 15 games need to change. Throw out our 2 non conf. gimmies and look what we have - a middling 500 ball club. How did we, and especially me, after last year, get so hyped up again?

Last edited:

BleedNPurple

We lost to Kansas last year by a point in one of the most inept efforts. I don’t know if we win another game this year the way we played Saturday.

Mean Purple

Sorry, I'll try to have more respect for the ACC as well for being an incredibly strong football conference. It's just a murderers row week after week for Clemson.

There's some sarcasm for you. Hopefully no Clemson players are reading this or they will probably lose their next ACC game as a result.
And, again, you use another conference to dodge the Kansas issue. If you are gonna troll, actually try and stay on point.

tmcats

I'm not sure Ku is better than last year. This game will be a major data point one way or the other. I expect Frogs to roll even though Les hasn't forgotten how to coach. Remember, EMAW Gary has natural hate for J'hawks. Losing twice to them would be unbearable. And I also believe your SMU loss will prove to not be a bad one when all is said and done even though it does sorta cancel-out that sweet win at Purdue.