• The KillerFrogs

Out coached, out schemed and out played

NewFrogFan

Every year we complain about some team knowing our signals- this is just exhausting. Just change the freaking things already man rather than throw our hands up after we get torched.

Why did we recruit Tevailance Hunt and John Stephens JR?

Follow up: Who do we think is better suited for a fade route or a jump ball? John Stephens or Derius Davis?
We threw 17 fades to the 5'8 Davis on saturday. Why? Somebody answer this.
Last year we insisted on playing the 5'5 Turpin as an outside receiver. Again. Why?

The use of personnel is just god awful.

Also, are there still any idiots out there that still think Sonny is some type of QB whisperer? or are yall finally ready to concede that point? If not, you can help him pack his suitcase when he gets fired- I'll drive the guy to the airport.

You and ol #87 should sit by each other, you would have lots to talk about.

Pharm Frog

Two ways I think to look at this. I want to believe they dont want to leave, I hope it is not the other which I think is what you are thinking.

Where’s the coaching tree? And I’ve had many employees who didn’t want to leave. Some were good for the business and others not so much.

Eight

Why is everyone forgetting how many times we gifted SMU the ball right on the doorstep of our goal line? SMU doesn't even sniff 41 points without all those turn overs

no, they sniff 31 directly and why did tcu start their second drive inside their own 5?

smu got 10 points off turnovers and that does take the margin to 31.

they all rolled down the field on the first two series of the game, the last two series of the half and when tcu had cut the lead to 7 in the 3rd

Pharm Frog

no, they sniff 31 directly and why did tcu start their second drive inside their own 5?

they all rolled down the field on the first two series of the game, the last two series of the half and when tcu had cut the lead to 7 in the 3rd

The short fields helped the D from defending as many plays and kept us from giving up 550 yards or so. Hard to complete 45 yard passes from your opponents 6 yard line

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
My opinion...... when the dust settles we realize losing to 2019 SMU isn’t like losing to previous versions of SMU, turnovers more than anything else killed us, Max started turning a corner in the 2nd half, and this isn’t 2018 again. I think we play well this weekend.
Right on. I am willing to let Max grow up. He will be Buechele only a lot better. He missed a lot of receivers and didn’t run when he could have. He has a great, educational but painful film to watch. Lots of missed blocking assignments all over the O. Re our D: SMU is good. They had 3 solid wins against group of 5 competition. We gifted them 17 points off turnovers plus the ill-timed Sewo pass when we should have given it to #6 or kick a FG.

Moose Stuff

Right on. I am willing to let Max grow up. He will be Buechele only a lot better. He missed a lot of receivers and didn’t run when he could have. He has a great, educational but painful film to watch. Lots of missed blocking assignments all over the O. Re our D: SMU is good. They had 3 solid wins against group of 5 competition. We gifted them 17 points off turnovers plus the ill-timed Sewo pass when we should have given it to #6 or kick a FG.

I think we actually gifted them 10. Your point stands just the same.

kidkarr

Silly, an offense having a QB who played HS football 9 months ago... really.
Do we continue developing our probable future QB or do we put a more immediate upside QB, such as Collins in our 2 deep incase Duggan struggles again.
Duggan is in the running for Heisman if he’s at OU. A top flight OC has to put the guys he has in a position to succeed.
Heisman part is only half serious.

Wexahu

I would not let Sewo carry the ball anytime inside our own 20. Much less from the 2.

I'd have Anderson in there every series and give him as many carries as he can handle, which I think is way more than what he is getting. He is such a better runner than Sewo in this system, and it's not even close IMO.

It's almost a shame we haven't taken more advantage of DA's skills in his time here.

Wexahu

Duggan is in the running for Heisman if he’s at OU. A top flight OC has to put the guys he has in a position to succeed.
Heisman part is only half serious.

Half serious is way too serious. At some point the kid needs to find receivers on time and deliver accurate passes. I feel like the bar for him is almost Muehlstein low.

And I do think he can be a very good QB at some point.

JockO de Frog

Before the game, my friend guaranteed that SMU would score first. Why? because they always do. Because Patterson always defers. Wouldn't you think a change of strategy would be in place?

Froggish

I'd have Anderson in there every series and give him as many carries as he can handle, which I think is way more than what he is getting. He is such a better runner than Sewo in this system, and it's not even close IMO.

It's almost a shame we haven't taken more advantage of DA's skills in his time here.

Can we move Sewo to H-Back TE..Seems to catch the ball pretty well and it would give you improved ball skills at the H-Back on the field with Anderson

Wexahu

Can we move Sewo to H-Back TE..Seems to catch the ball pretty well and it would give you improved ball skills at the H-Back on the field with Anderson

Would make more sense than handing the ball to him 5 yards behind the LOS while he’s standing still.