• The KillerFrogs

PressBox DFW: About this Patterson-Cumbie kerfuffle . . .

Pharm Frog

My side thought (not mentioned above) is GP walked SC out there to give him an example of what he would have to deal with weekly IF he has any thought on progressing beyond OC level. Whether anyone agrees with it, SC had his eyes opened wide to what’s to come IF he ever becomes a head coach.

Do you really think this is the motivation or are you just wishing it so?

Froggish

What GP did to SC at the presser is a precursor to showing him the door..Book it..

He’ll try to get through to the off season but it’s coming..Somethings you can just feel..

Frog Wild

Ticket Exchange Pass
In my opinion, if you’re willing to escalate matters that publicly regarding friction with your OC, you might as well be planning to pull the trigger on a change sooner than later.
He should have been fired after last season.
His offense is predictable, unimaginative, and seems to be based on what he wants, not on what the players on the field can do.
Two plays I hope I never see again: The screen on first down and the fade route. The screen is predictable and always well defended and we don't have the players for the fade. Our OC should know this, I do.

Pharm Frog

Somebody from Oklahoma refresh my memory but it was either Mondays or Tuesdays when Mike Stoops and Lincoln Riley (and Brent Venables and others) spoke to the media. Was something that was a regular part of the program. And I'm on record many times saying that it should be that way anywhere there's a big time program and coaches are being developed for next-level work. Gil (and Mac if the headline is indicative of the content) correctly identifies what GP did here and it was petty.

Chew

My side thought (not mentioned above) is GP walked SC out there to give him an example of what he would have to deal with weekly IF he has any thought on progressing beyond OC level. Whether anyone agrees with it, SC had his eyes opened wide to what’s to come IF he ever becomes a head coach.

I’m going to disagree. I wish that was the case but my gut tells me that this was emotional GP making a bad choice, or a series of bad choices. SC knows what a coach deals with in terms of people making judgments and open forum critiques. He’s been around the game long enough to have seen it before.

This was just poor leadership and GP showed his ass on this one. I hope to see him acknowledge this scheiss up and set about righting the ship.

frog-hat

Called taking responsibility, should have been happening years ago. It’s not as easy when you’re the one answering questions.

I think the wild frog calls were nuts. but gp has on a headset and he can stop any play he wants to stop. that's called taking responsibility as the head coach. gp seems to prefer to throw his oc under the bus. its a very bad look; and worse it destroys the coaching staff and team chemistry. I hope Kelsey gives him a talking to tonight. he won't listen to anyone else.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Do you really think this is the motivation or are you just wishing it so?
Both & neither.
I personally think it is not motivation, nor am I wishing it is. But I’m no football coach & GP is and he’s earned our trust. So I’d un-officially call this one-off a thrown elbow & move on.

Putt4Purple

I’m going to disagree. I wish that was the case but my gut tells me that this was emotional GP making a bad choice, or a series of bad choices. SC knows what a coach deals with in terms of people making judgments and open forum critiques. He’s been around the game long enough to have seen it before.

This was just poor leadership and GP showed his ass on this one. I hope to see him acknowledge this scheiss up and set about righting the ship.
Amy sherman-palladino

He can apologize only after Cumbie is shown the door.

Froggish

GP is a man in the twilight of his career who is frustrated that the things that used to work don’t quite work anymore...What happened yesterday, at both the game and the presser, was the reality that the answer to his problems lies some place he’s never been before.

Cumbie is in the beginnings of his career where he doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the wall and he has no clue of how to make it all work together. Not only that, he doesn’t have a soul he can go to and find the answers to his questions..

GP made a bad hire and now needs to own that..

4th. down

GP is a man in the twilight of his career who is frustrated that the things that used to work don’t quite work anymore...What happened yesterday, at both the game and the presser, was the reality that the answer to his problems lies some place he’s never been before.

Cumbie is in the beginnings of his career where he doesn’t know his ass from a hole in the wall and he has no clue of how to make it all work together. Not only that, he doesn’t have a soul he can go to and find the answers to his questions..

GP made a bad hire and now needs to own that..

I believe he has by his demeanor for the past couple of weeks - Cumbie is gone after this season.

tetonfrog

If we get things going against KU and the offense plays well, I am curious to see if SC gets to answer more postgame ?s.

This is also where our AD needs to step in today and ask what is going on. If we are going to get back on track, our coaches must work together better. If they cannot do it, then make changes sooner not later. This can still be a successful season but everyone needs to get on the same page.