• The KillerFrogs

You have to try that field goal at the end

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Strong wind at Song's back. SMU gifted us the chance to win or tie the game. After battling that fourth quarter and have that chance and decide to go for a long fourth down instead of a chance at that kick ... terrible decision.

Of course should have also kicked it earlier instead of the wildfrog play. Both are hindsights by me of course. Had both plays work then we are calling Cumbie and GP geniuses ... but you have to try that kick at the end.

jake102

I’m actually OK with decision to not kick from 52. Probably a 20% chance of making the kick or converting the 4th down. Lose lose.

I’m not OK with our QB dropping the snap on 3rd and 3 or whatever. Can almost guarantee you that Anderson gets a few yards, likely the first down. SMU run defense was pretty gassed.

MTfrog5

I’m actually OK with decision to not kick from 52. Probably a 20% chance of making the kick or converting the 4th down. Lose lose.

I’m not OK with our QB dropping the snap on 3rd and 3 or whatever. Can almost guarantee you that Anderson gets a few yards, likely the first down. SMU run defense was pretty gassed.
The drop snap is why I would rather try from 52

jake102

From what I saw in warmups, the odds of hitting from 52 are close to the same as a Hail Mary into the end zone. If the kickers want to be given that chance then hit from there in warmups at least 50% of the time without a rush or pressure

It’s hard for me to assign blame to the coaches when their plan for that series got blown up by our QB inexplicably dropping the snap on the most critical down. Hand the ball off to Anderson four times and we would of had a first down, if not more. But once we went backwards on 3rd down everything went to hell.

Pharm Frog

It’s hard for me to assign blame to the coaches when their plan for that series got blown up by our QB inexplicably dropping the snap on the most critical down. Hand the ball off to Anderson four times and we would of had a first down, if not more. But once we went backwards on 3rd down everything went to hell.

I don’t disagree with that. The odds of getting the first down were remarkably higher than kicking at that point IMO but not with that pass play.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Which is even more reason that you should have kicked it IMO.

berryfrog95

Fair point. Duggan was just way over his head
Which is why it was foolish to blow both TOs on the prior possession on defense.

We could’ve used a TO on that last offensive possession in case we needed to regroup, etc. but Duggan felt pressured, a TO would’ve gone a long way.

Planks

Strong wind at Song's back. SMU gifted us the chance to win or tie the game. After battling that fourth quarter and have that chance and decide to go for a long fourth down instead of a chance at that kick ... terrible decision.

Of course should have also kicked it earlier instead of the wildfrog play. Both are hindsights by me of course. Had both plays work then we are calling Cumbie and GP geniuses ... but you have to try that kick at the end.

Disagree completely. It was 4th and 3 with a minute left. It’s much more likely you get 3 yards than hitting a 52 yard field goal.

If it was 4th and 13, now that’s a different situation. Now you probably need to kick. But at 4th at 3 the whole playbook is open.

berryfrog95

Disagree completely. It was 4th and 3 with a minute left. It’s much more likely you get 3 yards than hitting a 52 yard field goal.

If it was 4th and 13, now that’s a different situation. Now you probably need to kick. But at 4th at 3 the whole playbook is open.
This is the problem......there isn’t one and we can’t execu 50% of our plays in that playbook. Kick the ball!

Pharm Frog

Which is why it was foolish to blow both TOs on the prior possession on defense.

We could’ve used a TO on that last offensive possession in case we needed to regroup, etc. but Duggan felt pressured, a TO would’ve gone a long way.

Want nothing to do with giving our O time to regroup. Would much prefer faster (especially when your opponent knows every formation tendency)

berryfrog95

Want nothing to do with giving our O time to regroup. Would much prefer faster (especially when your opponent knows every formation tendency)
So you wouldn’t have wanted a TO before the 4th down play....umm Ok.

No reason we called timeout on defense when SMU snapped the ball past the Qb, it was 3 & 32 on the next down

Pharm Frog

So you wouldn’t have wanted a TO before the 4th down play....umm Ok.

No reason we called timeout on defense when SMU snapped the ball past the Qb, it was 3 & 32

No. I did not want a TO before that 4th down play. I wanted to hurry up and run Sewo or DA off tackle as fast as we could.

Planks

This is the problem......there isn’t one and we can’t execu 50% of our plays in that playbook. Kick the ball!

50% is probably better than our chances of hitting a 52 yard field goal. Offense wasn’t great, but there were many plays that game where we were able to gain 3 yards.