• The KillerFrogs

Post-game Interview

Wexahu

It’s the absolute worst. Dad beat me over the head as I was growing up with “don’t make excuses”...... that an excuse and not a good one . Especially from someone as successful as GP is. I mean if we’re being honest he should be embarrassed to admit that. It’s less of an excuse and more of an indictment of his coaching.

His “performances” in press conferences also gives an indication of why he is still at TCU and not at some blue blood school somewhere. Great, great football coach but he would have some issues being the face of a super high profile program somewhere.

Pharm Frog

His “performances” in press conferences also gives an indication of why he is still at TCU and not at some blue blood school somewhere. Great, great football coach but he would have some issues being the face of a super high profile program somewhere.

Unless you know what I've been told, you don't know how right you are.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Just put Cumbie's effects in a box and put them outside the building. Lock his incompetent ass out.
Enough.

Pharm Frog

is it possible that GP is not letting Cumbie run the playbook the way he wants? maybe that's why we saw things turned up on the back end of the game when we saw some tempo? (or was that just hurry up due to time?)
just wondering how this is happening.

No idea but in an interview this week GP spoke about the importance of keeping the other offense off the field and you do that by controlling the clock with your offense. He said that "his" D is most effective when they are sitting and watching the game from the sideline.

Mean Purple

No idea but in an interview this week GP spoke about the importance of keeping the other offense off the field and you do that by controlling the clock with your offense. He said that "his" D is most effective when they are sitting and watching the game from the sideline.
yeah, I heard that interview too.

4th. down

GP should teach his defense to play better

And fire Cumbie and staff

The buck stops with GP - he could have overruled the Sewo pass play which at first glance was insanity and the 2nd. glance also. The players did not have their head in the game nor did GP or Sonny. No way that play is run in this game under the existing circumstances. Still, 38 points will beat SMU but our defense, oh so bad, and GP says SMU knew his signals - again.

Gaines and Gladney - no comment.

Wallow trying to carry the entire defense - he will break all records at TCU.

6 wins is going to be difficult.

Last edited:

y2kFrog

is it possible that GP is not letting Cumbie run the playbook the way he wants? maybe that's why we saw things turned up on the back end of the game when we saw some tempo? (or was that just hurry up due to time?)
just wondering how this is happening.

There is no way. Cumbie would have left a long time ago, if had more than this and wasn’t allowed to run it. I just don’t believe for minute that we have our 2 best seasons in the Big 12 in 14,15 then all the sudden GP decides that wasn’t so great.