• The KillerFrogs

Out coached, out schemed and out played

asleep003

Why is Gary's terrible D gameplanning getting a pass here? Gary's D allowed 430+ yards and 41 points to SMU, at The Carter. In what universe is that acceptable?

The D delivered a worse performance than the O today. The O couldn't bail out Gary's terrible D.

That is all.
Sure GP would be the 1st to agree with this ! So whiners quit whining about firing OC who put up 38 points with Tr Fr QB....

Mean Purple

Why do we never seem up to play this team? Every time we seem to have to play catch up. This time it was too late.
I felt that concern coming into this week. There are several teams that we play down to. However, I'm not sure we played down to them. They were good. But we shot ourselves in the foot with the turnovers and bad play calls in the first half.

Wexahu

So do you think the defense giving up 31 points at home and over 400 yards is good?

If you want to play the stats game, our defense held SMU to over 100 yards less than what they’ve been averaging so far this year. You think that’s awful defense? Still think you aren’t grading the defense on a curve relative to the offense?

Mean Purple

So do you think the defense giving up 31 points at home and over 400 yards is good?
Not by any means. I think some do point to 10 points that were easy pickings in the eyes of many due to turnovers. But, at the same time, a "vaunted" defense should be more able to get stops there and elsewhere on the field. SMU's offense got us on some passes elsewhere.
As for offense though, I think concerns are worthy when they take so long to get going. Things were better on both side of the ball in the second half, but it was a bit late.

Frostie

So we lost and it sucks! ...lets talk about SMU's uniform and their juvenile attempt to market themselves as Dallas's team. Big D circling the horse on their helmets lame, Dallas on the front of their jerseys super lame, Dallas on the coaches shirts super super lame.

Fortress Frog

Didn’t say that. Both sides of the ball were piss poor today. But just for once I would love to see this offense help out our D. I’m becoming more convinced every game dating back to last year that Cumbie is incapable of doing that. 4th and 1 with a chance to tie and the awful wildfrog play. We’re in SMU territory with a chance to at least tie at the end of the game. Good teams that execute will always come through in those situations. I knew watching at that moment we aren’t one of those teams. This goes back to the Tech game last year. I have been in the camp of giving Cumbie more of a chance all the way through beginning of this year but can’t do it anymore.

CountryFrog

SMU’s identity is their offense. They are a Sonny Dykes coach team for god sakes. They are gonna score on people. Getting 424 yards of offense when you are trying desperately to score for all 60 minutes and throwing for 188 yards and a 44% completion rate is BAD against a team like SMU.
You keep coming at me like I'm saying that the offense was good, which I haven't said one single time.

You keep making excuses for the defense, but that's the worst TCU defense I've seen against SMU since I can remember. They're always an offensively centric team and we never play that bad against them.

CountryFrog

If you want to play the stats game, our defense held SMU to over 100 yards less than what they’ve been averaging so far this year. You think that’s awful defense? Still think you aren’t grading the defense on a curve relative to the offense?
And we allowed more points to them than Arkansas St did, also in a game where SMU needed to score all 60 minutes.

So because we gave up fewer yards than University of North Texas and Texas St did then what the hell does that mean?

Wexahu

You keep coming at me like I'm saying that the offense was good, which I haven't said one single time.

You keep making excuses for the defense, but that's the worst TCU defense I've seen against SMU since I can remember. They're always an offensively centric team and we never play that bad against them.

I think you’re trying to hard to disagree with me. Our defense stunk. Our offense stunk. Who stunk more, who really cares? Let me ask you though, do you have more confidence in our defense playing well or our offense playing well next week?

CountryFrog

I think you’re trying to hard to disagree with me. Our defense stunk. Our offense stunk. Who stunk more, who really cares? Let me ask you though, do you have more confidence in our defense playing well or our offense playing well next week?
You've got to be kidding me right? That's basically word for word what I've been saying over and over and you keep disagreeing with me before circling back to exactly my point and acting like it's your own.

Good God man. I have no idea why I ever reply to a single thing you say.

Wexahu

You've got to be kidding me right? That's basically word for word what I've been saying over and over and you keep disagreeing with me before circling back to exactly my point and acting like it's your own.

Good God man. I have no idea why I ever reply to a single thing you say.

Don’t then.

All I said is I’d switch them around in saying the offense played bad for half the game and the defense played bad for most of the game. And you couldn’t let it go at that.

wilson912

Accep the blame Gary, this was your handpicked offensive coordinatormaking the calls and designing the game plan

your new WR coach who can’t seem to teach our guys how to get separation and your defense that let those guys hang that many points on us
Embarrassing effort all the way around

are you trying to kill me? Don’t cut my life even shorter than it is

Why does the defense get a pass on this? Buechele’s uniform was very clean at the end of the game. Gary needs to own that aspect.

Go ahead, make my day and Fire Sonny! Who are we replacing him with?

Wexahu

Why does the defense get a pass on this? Buechele’s uniform was very clean at the end of the game. Gary needs to own that aspect.

Go ahead, make my day and Fire Sonny! Who are we replacing him with?

They aren’t. They didn’t play well, everyone knows that. But the offense has for the most part been an uneven, inconsistent [ Finebaum ] show for years now and people are tired of seeing it.