• The KillerFrogs

Out coached, out schemed and out played

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus
Accep the blame Gary, this was your handpicked offensive coordinatormaking the calls and designing the game plan

your new WR coach who can’t seem to teach our guys how to get separation and your defense that let those guys hang that many points on us
Embarrassing effort all the way around

are you trying to kill me? Don’t cut my life even shorter than it is

Frostie

Patterson said he had planned for Purdue since last spring, how long you think Sonny's been planning for TCU. We lost a tough one with a true freshman QB, it was the youngster, not the OC that threw a thousand balls five feet over his receivers heads! Tough loss, very tough, we will get better and the QB will improve, just needs to settle in.

Genbukan

Accep the blame Gary, this was your handpicked offensive coordinatormaking the calls and designing the game plan

your new WR coach who can’t seem to teach our guys how to get separation and your defense that let those guys hang that many points on us
Embarrassing effort all the way around

are you trying to kill me? Don’t cut my life even shorter than

Yet another game of watching a more talented, but ill prepared and semi motivated squad lay an egg. Is 2014/15 our ceiling?

We just saw an SMU team put up 41 on a LHCGMFP defense. Over two years of poor QB play and non existent QB development, lackadaisical execution and a trend of more teams seeming to solve the 4-2-5.

Can hardly wait for the forst time he tries to lay the blame on the fans. Man up and get a team that executes.

Smooth42

Nah... I have been conditioned for the blame game over the years... Let me guess.
"Our guys just need to grow up"
"We do not have the leadership we need"
"We just need to win by one"
"Guys are not prepared"
"We need more fan support"

steelfrog

Tier 1
Why is Gary's terrible D gameplanning getting a pass here? Gary's D allowed 430+ yards and 41 points to SMU, at The Carter. In what universe is that acceptable?

The D delivered a worse performance than the O today. The O couldn't bail out Gary's terrible D.

That is all.

.....also Shane threw balls into tight coverage all day, he has stones and it payed off!
Defense didn’t play their best for sure but there were several times they were in position and Buechele made a perfect throw, the receiver made a great catch or both. That didn’t happen for us except maybe the Wells TD.

steelfrog

Tier 1
Gary did say this one is one me, at his presser. Which is admirable. But means NOTHING.

How about since you are paid $6mm for 6 home games, and you just ruined that home game for all the fans there, how about you pay $1mm to the people who showed up for the abortion you delivered, Gary? It's only $25 for each of the 40k or so TCU fans there today, but hey, they earned it more than Gary.

TCUWIN

Record: 168–63
Bowls: 11–6
Rose Bowl winner 13-0 season with a non BCS squad!

Loses happen and they suck, but this was SMU's Superbowl, we cannot afford to plan for SMU like they did for us, our competition is tougher.
Might should have planned more for this. Need 6 wins to get to a bowl. We have 2 and not a lot of sure wins. Smu has 4 and several more win opportunities.

Frostie

Might should have planned more for this. Need 6 wins to get to a bowl. We have 2 and not a lot of sure wins. Smu has 4 and several more win opportunities.
I think he planned more than enough for this, but he did not start planning for this in March, Sonny did, that was my point.

Mean Purple

That is one thing I don't get. How can none of the qbs seem to develop?
TB was a freak. Just add water … or...
Kenny played well after he had a year under his belt in the system. But his talent was also there when he came in. Second year, he made great decisions and reads. And he was always calm.

TCUWIN

I think he planned more than enough for this, but he did not start planning for this in March, Sonny did, that was my point.
I understand your point. KAnd planning for Purdue at that time was smart because they were the swing game. But not sure we planned as much as you think since Patterson didn’t change the defensive signs knowing that the head coach on the opposing team that is playing their super bowl knows the signs. If they indeed knew, how much of a difference would there be? I don’t know the answer, but I can assume that the defense would have had a few more stops and perhaps not given up 41 freaking points.