• The KillerFrogs

SMU hate week... what are they saying on Ponyfans?

Uncle_Frog

This won’t be the typical SMU cakewalk. They have a solid offense and are much improved on defense. Dykes brought in about 10-15 transfers from solid schools this last year (lots of P5 players from DFW wanting to move home). Plus we are their Super Bowl so we better not overlook them.

We should have a major advantage in the trenches so hopefully they will dominate again.

netty2424

I’d say this is the best team we’ve had since 2011.

Buechele is a legit QB with poise and accuracy (our previous QB, Hicks, was severely lacking in both departments) and he’s throwing to two WRs who I think will be drafted next year in Proche and Roberson. People were worried about the OL going into this season; it’s been fine so far but this will clearly be their biggest test to date.

Defensively, Dykes has brought in a ton of transfers to add talent and depth. This is the most talent SMU has had on defense that I can remember.

Our kicking game is atrocious, maybe the worst in the nation. I think we’ve missed 3 or 4 XPs as well as some chip shot FGs. The kicking game is going to cost us at some point; I’d expect us to go for a lot of 4th and shorts in FG range.
Are they running GP’s defense as well?

BABYFACE

Most of SMU fans are picking TCU to lose to SMU this weekend. On their Roll Call section only maybe one person said they were going to the game in Fort Worth and bringing one friend.

Another person chimed in and said "they forgot" that their child had scouts training in the Alps this weekend. Different world over there.

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87442&sid=8a94a41d8cba53ec5e704acf7d1bc2a2

Don’t you know that for SMU fans it’s about talking about the game, not attending the game. Going to games is so passé for them.