• The KillerFrogs

GoFrogs: Youth Leads Soccer Past Houston Baptist, 3-0

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
https://gofrogs.com/news/2019/9/12/womens-soccer-youth-leads-tcu-past-houston-baptist-3-0.aspx

GoFrogs: Youth Leads Soccer Past Houston Baptist, 3-0

HOUSTON –No. 17 TCU scored a trio of second half goals en route to a 3-0 win at Houston Baptist on Thursday night. The victory pushes TCU's winning streak to six games. Gracie Brian, Michelle Slater and Maddy Warren scored for the Horned Frogs. Emily Alvarado made three stops for her fourth shutout of the year.

The Rundown
TCU outshot HBU by a 16-4 margin in the first half, but couldn't solve Huskies goalkeeper Ashtyn Franks as she made eight saves in the half.

Emily Alvarado had to be sharp early in the second half to keep the game scoreless. A shot off a corner kick was ticketed for the upper part of the goal, but Alvarado knocked it over the crossbar.

The Frogs were finally able to break through in the 55thminute. A loose ball inside the six-yard box found its way to the foot of Gracie Brian and she didn't miss from close range to give the Frogs a 1-0 lead.

Just over three minutes later, the Frogs struck again. Hard work deep in the attacking zone earned TCU a corner kick. Grace Collins feed was on target for Brian. Her header fell just right for Michelle Slater to knock home her first career goal to give the Frogs a 2-0 lead in the 58thminute.

As the clock was winding down, the Frogs struck again. Tatum Condrey found Maddy Warren deep inside the six yard box and she put it home to account for the final score.

Stat of the Game
Gracie Brian has picked up a point in six straight games. She has six goals and three assists during the streak.

Quotes of the Game
Head Coach Eric Bell

Overall thoughts
"I thought it was a pretty good effort from minute one to minute 90. With us having the ball the lion's share of the game, I was pleased that we didn't get frustrated when we didn't score. We had some off the post in the first half. In the second half, the started to get fatigued which opened the game up a bit and we were able to put three away."

On the depth:
"We've got a lot of people getting valuable minutes. They are playing good minutes against quality opponents. Hopefully that translates to conference play where they run on the field with confidence knowing they've had a chance to play against quality opponents. Hopefully they are comfortable and confident.

On the Freshmen:
"Gracie (Brian) coming in off a rebound and getting the first goal was huge. She seems to be in the right place at the right time. I'm really pleased with her maturation. Grace Collins is getting on the scoresheet, being very productive with assists. I'm happy to see Michelle Slater in the right place at the right time to score on a corner. Overall, I'm really happy with our group. The freshman are doing what we expected of them."

Notes
• TCU stretched its winning streak to six games.
• TCU has its first six match winning streak since the 2014 season.
• The Horned Frogs tallied their fifth shutout of the season.
• TCU surpassed the 20 shot mark for the third straight game and the fourth time this season.
Emily Alvarado collected her fourth shutout of the season and the 10thof her career.
Gracie Brian scored her sixth goal and added her third assist of the season.
Michelle Slater scored her first career goal.
Grace Collins tallied her fourth assist of the season.
Maddy Warren scored her second goal of the year and the eighth of her career.
Tatum Condrey recorded the first assist of her career.
Brandi Peterson and Tijana Djuricek played the entirety of the match.

Next
The Horned Frogs (6-1) return home to take on Washington Sunday afternoon. Game time at Garvey-Rosenthal Soccer Stadium is set for 1 p.m.

JogginFrog

Great to see the new recruits having an immediate impact. Gracie Brian is a dynamo--6 goals and 3 assists in her first 7 games as a Frog? Wow.